BEST Baby Humidifiers For Congestion: Congestion, difficulty breathing, as well as other symptoms of cold, can cause your little one to suffer a lot. It can even get worse if your baby continually breathes in dry air. Buying a humidifier is one of the best things you can do for your baby.
Our top pick for the best baby humidifiers for babies is the Vicks Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier. It is a large capacity humidifier with a scent pad that will help to soothe your baby's congestion.
Humidifiers can relieve low humidity conditions in the home as they help to turn water into a fine mist (vapor or steam) which increases moisture in the air. They also help to restore healthy and comfortable moisture to your baby’s room.
Table of Contents
- What to Look For?
- Best Baby Humidifiers For Congestion
- 1. Vicks Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier
- 2. TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier
- 3. HUANHUA Mist Cool Baby Humidifier
- 4. TaoTronics TT-AH002 Humidifier
- 5. VicTsing Cool Mist Humidifier
- 6. Vicks Starry Night Cool Moisture Humidifier
- 7. Pallas Ultrasonic Humidifier
- 8. Honeywell HUL535B Cool Mist Humidifier
- 9. MaxKare Cool Mist Humidifier
- Key References
What to Look For?
Choosing the best baby humidifiers for congestion is a decision that should be taken carefully and not in a hurry. There are some essential factors you should consider before buying one.
It is essential to consider size when shopping for the best baby humidifiers for congestion. If you have less space available in your baby’s room, consider going for a portable type.
Ensure the humidifier you choose to have a long cord so you can place it at a distance. This will not allow your kids to interfere with them while working.
Safety is an important factor, especially with kids around. So, it is smart to choose a humidifier and oil diffuser that is specially designed for a baby’s room and safe for them. They should come with an auto shut-off feature and can work up to 6 hours without the need to refill again.
Humidifiers with this feature are safe to use at night time even when the tank is empty. Don’t go for a cheap diffuser or humidifier which will only last for 2 to 4 hours and you will have to refill the tank frequently.
C) Built-in Diffuser
Some humidifiers allow the use of add-in pads or liquids to additional congestion and cold relief. It could be in the form of solid pads or medicated liquid which are usually placed in a special opening. As the water vapor passes by, they release soothing menthol.
It is important to note that these liquids depend on the model or brand you buy. So, depending on the model and brand, you may need to buy their specific diffusing product. Although these diffusing products are an option, they will go a long way in helping to relieve your baby’s congestion every time you use them.
This should not be a problem if you want to but the best baby humidifiers for congestion. Depending on the specifications and features, you should get a good one from $25 to $150.
Make sure you don’t compromise on performance and quality, choose the one that is within your budget and has all the features your baby requires.
Best Baby Humidifiers For Congestion
1. Vicks Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier
The Vicks Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier is an easy-to-operate humidifier with a visible reservoir that lets you know when to replenish the water.
- It is specially designed to work with Vicks scent pad. This helps to introduce lavender and menthol into the air to soothe your baby’s congestion.
- It has a capacity of 1.2 gallons and can run for up to 30 hours.
- It is convenient and affordable to use, as there are no filters to replace.
- It is also safe for the baby as you won’t have to worry about burns from hot water spillage.
- The foolproof dial design lets you control the mist output.
2. TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier
The TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier has a space saving design which allows it to fit narrow spaces.
- The dial knob control allows you to select the mist output most convenient for your baby, giving you full control of the air, they breathe.
- The 360 degrees nozzle helps to divert the mist in any direction.
- The double insulation, BPA free, and low water protection make it safe and hygienic for your baby.
- It features an intelligent air inlet design that ensures it is quiet in operation.
- The smart LED indicator helps you to keep track of the humidifier’s operation.
- What makes the TaoTronics Cool Mist Humidifier unique is that it shuts off automatically when the tank is lifted up or waterless.
3. HUANHUA Mist Cool Baby Humidifier
HUANHUA Mist Cool Baby Humidifier is another portable option with a waterless auto shut off function.
- It is extremely quiet in operation thanks to its ultrasonic technology.
- It will help to relieve your baby’s congestion so they can sleep comfortably.
- The built-in water level probe senses when the water levels are low, so it can shut off automatically to protect your device.
- The HUANHUA Mist Cool Baby Humidifier is made of high-quality frosted plastic, which makes them long-lasting.
- They can run for up to 8 hours and hold up to 380 ml of water.
- This makes it safe to use for your baby overnight.
- The beautiful and soft LED light will help your baby breathe easy.
4. TaoTronics TT-AH002 Humidifier
The TaoTronics TT-AH002 Humidifier is an extra-large humidifier with a 3. 5L capacity.
- It can work for up to 30 hours, supplying refreshing air.
- The built-in humidity monitor helps to keep track of the air quality in your baby’s room.
- This allows you to choose the correct setting for your baby so they can enjoy long-lasting comfort.
- This humidifier also operates quietly, thanks to its ultrasonic technology.
- It features a built-in ceramic filter that helps it to eliminate all harmful allergens such as water impurities and bad odor.
- This allows it to produce only pure and fresh vapor of relaxing mist.
- The dual 360 degrees rotatable nozzles and easy dial knob control help to precisely adjust the volume and direction of the mist output to a comfortable humidity level.
5. VicTsing Cool Mist Humidifier
The VicTsing Cool Mist Humidifier is one of the best-selling humidifiers on Amazon.
- It is an affordable option that can work up to 10 hours.
- It is incredibly quiet, so it won’t disturb your baby’s sleep.
- It features a mist control knob that allows you to set your desired level of mist.
- The anti-slip grooves and arc-shaped handle offers a secure grip, making refill a breeze.
- Once it runs out of the water, it will automatically shut off, making it safe for your baby.
- The LED indicator lets you know if the humidifier is working correctly.
6. Vicks Starry Night Cool Moisture Humidifier
The Vicks Starry Night Cool Moisture Humidifier helps to create an invisible moisture flow for easier breathing.
- It also allows you to use the Vicks Vapo Pad to soothe further and comfort your baby’s congestion.
- It features a starry light that projects a series of planets and stars onto the roof to help your little one sleep.
- The Vicks Starry Night Cool Moisture Humidifier features a wide tank opening that allows for easy filling and easy access to clean.
- It comes with antimicrobial treated filters to help inhibit mold growth on the filter, remove pollutants, and minerals from the water.
7. Pallas Ultrasonic Humidifier
The Pallas Ultrasonic Humidifier uses cool mist technology to provide moisture to your baby’s room without overwhelming heat.
- The water tank can hold up to 5 liters of water and work for up to 20 hours.
- It is designed to work quietly while creating a healthy environment for your baby to sleep.
- The 360-degree nozzle helps to ensure the humidity level is evenly distributed.
- The carbon cotton filter helps to filter out negative ions and microorganisms from the water for a healthier and cleaner mist.
- The Pallas Ultrasonic Humidifier can deliver up to 320 millimeters of moisture output per hour, making it the perfect humidifier to relieve your baby’s congestion.
8. Honeywell HUL535B Cool Mist Humidifier
The Honeywell HUL535B Cool Mist Humidifier produces a fine visible mist that helps to soothe your baby’s congestion.
- The variable output settings let you control the humidifier to your baby’s requirement.
- It has an auto shut off function that makes it safe to use even when it is empty.
- The ultrasonic humidification technology ensures this unit operates quietly.
- The Honeywell HUL535B Cool Mist Humidifier has a compact size, making it perfect for nightstands or desktops.
- It is available in 2 colors: white and black.
9. MaxKare Cool Mist Humidifier
The MaxKare Cool Mist Humidifier is a large capacity humidifier that can work up to 17 hours.
- The water inlet has a wide opening that makes it easy and convenient to fill the tank.
- The 360-degree adjustable outlet allows you to direct the mist to where it is needed the most.
- The aroma box allows you to drop essential oils that will further help to relieve your baby’s congestion.
- It has a quiet whisper design that will help your child sleep comfortably.
Buying a humidifier is an excellent investment if your baby is congested. Hopefully, you will find the best one suited for your baby needs in our list of the best baby humidifiers.
-  – “How to Use a Humidifier for Sinus the Right Way | Everyday Health”. Accessed June 20, 2019. Link.