Best Powdered Milk For Toddlers: There are several types of milk formulas, and all are equally important while your little one grows up.
Our top pick for the best-powdered milk for toddlers is Baby's Only Organic Dairy Toddler Formula. This only organic milk powder on the US market doesn't use high-fructose corn syrup and instead uses egg yolks as the source of DHA. Another great thing about this milk powder is that it is certified by USDA Organic.
The most commonly known milk formula is the powdered milk – and some of them contain fatty acids like DHA & ARA, and some of them are lactose-free.
So, how can you choose the best-powdered milk for your toddler? Read on to know-how!
Table of Contents
- Why powdered milk for toddlers?
- Is powdered milk safe for toddlers?
- What’s the shelf life for powdered milk?
- Do I need to refrigerate powdered milk?
- Best Powdered Milk For Toddlers
- 1. Nestle Nido Kinder 1+ Powdered Milk Beverage
- 2. Happy Tot Organic Toddler Milk
- 3. Munchkin Grass Fed Toddler Milk Drink
- 4. Go & Grow by Similac Toddler Milk-based Drink
- 5. Gerber Good Start Grow Toddler Drink
- 6. Earth’s Best Organic Toddler Milk Drink
- 7. Kabrita Goat Milk Toddler Formula
- 8. Gerber Natura Organic Toddler Formula Milk
- 9. Nestle Nido Lacto-Ease Whole Milk Powder
- 10. Baby’s Only Organic Dairy Toddler Formula
- Key References
Why powdered milk for toddlers?
Concerning traditional breastfeeding, there are some moms out there that need to use formula milk due to their condition or situation. Here are the following benefits of using formula milk:
- Mothers can get more rest.
- Other members of the family can feed the baby anytime and anywhere.
- It contains added fortified nutrients.
- It prevents any nipple discomfort.
- Mothers can do other things and will not restrict herself to anything that’s needed to avoid.
- You can easily measure the amount of milk that your child takes.
Is powdered milk safe for toddlers?
Toddler or not, every child needs to drink milk while he or she grows up – because this will give them the nutrients they need when developing their mind and body.
- Whether your baby is taking powdered milk or not, formula milk should contain all the essential nutrients he or she needs.
- Breastfeeding your child on his or her first 6 months is strongly advisable, but it doesn’t mean that powdered milk is not safe for toddlers.
- No matter what brand you choose, powdered formula milk is safe for toddlers.
What’s the shelf life for powdered milk?
Just like any other food and drink products, powdered milk can also go bad, but it will take a while.
- Manufacturers recommend using only the powdered milk within 18 months from the date of being manufactured.
- However, as per the USDA, it can be stored indefinitely and those formula milk that is not opened, it can still be used for 2-10 years.
Do I need to refrigerate powdered milk?
Powdered milk doesn’t necessarily need to be refrigerated since it cannot go bad in a short time just like fresh milk.
- But to ensure the freshness and quality of the milk, always close the lid after use and wash off your hands thoroughly before preparing the milk of your toddler.
- Generally, after opening the milk powder, you have to refrigerate it for freshness.
Best Powdered Milk For Toddlers
1. Nestle Nido Kinder 1+ Powdered Milk Beverage
Nestle Nido Kinder 1+ is specially formulated for children with the age of 1-3 years old.
- It includes vitamins, prebiotics, minerals, and other nutrients that need your toddler.
- Every one glass of Nido Kinder 1+ helps support the immune system of your child and makes it a healthy one with complete nutrients of vitamins A, C, and B6, Zinc, Iron.
- It includes prebiotics, an exclusive blend of fibers to maintain your child’s digestive system.
- It features a delicious taste of honey and will surely love by your toddler.
- This Nido Kinder 1+ comes in a 3.53 pounds pack and approximately makes 47 8-fluid ounce servings.
2. Happy Tot Organic Toddler Milk
Happy Tot Organic Toddler Milk is smartly enhanced with age-specific nutrients such as DHA & ARA and made with only organic non-GMO ingredients.
- It contains DHA & ARA to support the health of your little one’s brain.
- This organic milk helps to nurture the growth and development of your toddler, and it contains calcium, iron, and vitamin D.
- It is loaded with elements that help to protect your and strengthen your toddler’s immune system.
- This powdered milk is certified by USDA Organic to ensure that it is safe to drink for toddlers.
- Happy Tot Organic Toddler milk is made with milk from organic dairy farms to ensure that it is not harmful to your child.
3. Munchkin Grass Fed Toddler Milk Drink
Munchkin Grass Fed Toddler milk drink is the only formula milk in the entire world that is made with certified 100% grass-fed from New Zealand.
- This grass-fed powdered milk contains high levels of vitamin A, E, and a proper balance of Omega 3 up to Omega 6 fatty acids.
- Munchkin Grass Fed Toddler milk drink is not only GMO-free, but also antibiotic-free, and grain-free.
- It features hexane-free DHA & ARA to support brain development and lactoferrin, an immune system booster.
- This grass-fed toddler milk drink from Munchkin includes all the essential nutrients to support your toddler’s continued development.
- While other formulas contain corn syrup solids and cane sugar, Munchkin Grass Fedd toddler milk drink contains only lactose, a carbohydrate present in breastmilk.
4. Go & Grow by Similac Toddler Milk-based Drink
Go & Grow by Similac toddler milk helps balance your toddler’s diet with the nutrition of cow’s milk and OptiGRO nutrients.
- With this powdered milk, your toddler will receive 2x more calcium than yogurt, 30x more iron than milk, and 3x more vitamin E than broccoli.
- This formula drink contains prebiotics that helps to stimulate the growth of good bacteria to support the digestive and immune system of your toddler.
- Go & Grow by Similac features OptiGRO, which includes an exclusive blend of DHA, vitamin E, and Lutein.
- With just one serving of Go & Grow by Similac Toddler milk drink, your child can get 25 essential vitamins & minerals at least 30% of the daily value of iron, calcium, and other vitamins.
- This milk is made with non-GMO ingredients and the first and only toddler formula milk with 2′-FL HMO.
5. Gerber Good Start Grow Toddler Drink
Gerber Good Start Grow Toddler Milk is a nutritious toddler drink that includes probiotics to help support the digestive system of your child.
- It nourishes the tummy of every toddler so that they can focus on what makes them happy, growing independently.
- It is specially designed with essential nutrients for toddlers featuring probiotics, DHA, and Iron to help support the development of the brain.
- Their food starts with whole ingredients like real fruits, grains, and vegetables to nourish your child right from the very start.
- This toddler powdered milk is cheaper compared to other toddler milk in the market.
- It features GRO Blend to give and provide your child with all the nutrients he or she needs as she grows up.
6. Earth’s Best Organic Toddler Milk Drink
Earth’s Best Organic Toddler milk drink formula provides balanced nutrition for continued growth and development for your growing child.
- This formula is fortified with iron for your child’s red blood cells development.
- It contains DHA and ARA, which are two types of fatty acids that can be found in breastmilk that help to support the brain and eye health.
- It features lutein and prebiotic fiber for immunity and your child’s eyes.
- Earth’s Best Organic Toddler milk drink is made with non-GMO ingredients and is USDA Organic Certified to ensure quality and safety.
- It is specially made with organic milk from grains & grass-fed cows from their family of organic farmers.
7. Kabrita Goat Milk Toddler Formula
Kabrita Goat Milk Toddler formula is gentle on tummies and an excellent solution for toddlers who are experiencing symptoms associated with cow milk sensitivity.
- Unlike goat milk, Kabrita Goat Milk Formula is full and loaded with all essential nutrients that toddler needs while they are growing up.
- This toddler milk powder contains 22 vitamins and minerals, prebiotics, and DHA.
- Kabrita Goat Milk Toddler Formula is easy to digest so that your child would not get constipated.
- It is specially modeled after breast milk and nutritionally fortified with vitamins and minerals.
- Kabrita Goat Milk has a mild, sweet, and fresh taste and smell – a safe, effective, and healthy alternative to homemade goat milk formula recipes.
8. Gerber Natura Organic Toddler Formula Milk
Gerber Natura Organic Toddler Formula Milk features organic nutrition that’s specially designed for toddlers.
- It contains prebiotics, DHA to help support the digestive system.
- This milk from Gerber Natura Organic includes DHA to help support the development of the eye and brain.
- It is certified by USDA Organic to ensure that your child is getting adequate quality and nutrients as well as the safety when it comes to drinking this powdered milk.
- With this organic milk, your toddler can get more calcium and vitamin D to help support the growth of healthy bones.
- The cows of Gerber Natura Organic are antibiotic-free, fed with organic-certified feed, live on organic dairy farms, and enjoy fresh air and sunlight.
9. Nestle Nido Lacto-Ease Whole Milk Powder
Nestle Nido Lacto-Ease Whole Milk Powder is fortified with added vitamins and minerals specially designed to help children grow healthy.
- This formula is somewhat similar to Nestle Nido Kinder 1+ but with a reduced lactose formula.
- It comes with added vitamin C and Iron to help support and administer healthy growth and development.
- This powdered milk from Nestle Nido is formulated for toddlers aged 1 to 3 years old to make sure that your child is getting the right amount of nutrients at the right time.
- With every cup of Nestle Nido Lacto-Ease Whole Milk Powder, your child can get 13 essential vitamins and minerals with reduced lactose.
- This powdered milk comes in a natural vanilla taste so that your little one will surely enjoy and love it.
10. Baby’s Only Organic Dairy Toddler Formula
Baby’s Only Organic Dairy Toddler Formula provides the appropriate amount of protein, essential fats, vitamins, and carbohydrates that a toddler needs.
- This powdered milk from Baby’s Only Organic is rated “Best in Class” for purity and national superiority by CleanLabelProject. org after testing over 500 formula brands.
- It is made of non-GMO ingredients, non-hexane-processed DHA in phospholipids fatty acids that are more bioavailable to help the development of eye and brain.
- Baby’s Only Organic Dairy Toddler Formula is certified by USDA Organic and features 100% BPA-free packaging to ensure that your toddler is getting the quality, safety, and freshness appropriate for him or her.
- This toddler formula milk is an excellent nutritional choice to assure the continuation of stable growth and development.
- With this powdered milk, all cows are treated with no hormones, no antibiotic, no harmful pesticides, and no fertilizers – 100% fed by organic feeds.
Looking back at all the products mentioned above, the best one is Baby's Only Organic Dairy Toddler Formula. Aside from it is made with Organic milk, it doesn't use high-fructose corn syrup; instead uses egg yolks as the source of DHA. This milk powder is certified by USDA Organic and rated by CleanLabelProject. org.
When buying the best-powdered milk for your toddler, always ensure and carefully review the benefits your child can get from the specific milk. Not all formulas are formulated equally and can give your child adequate nutrients. Also, it is safe to choose a product that is certified by USDA Organic to ensure quality and safety.
Hopefully, we helped you picked out the best-powdered milk for a toddler.
- “Baby formula: What are DHA and ARA?”. Accessed September 06, 2019. Link.
- “USDA Organic | USDA”. Accessed September 06, 2019. Link.