Best Baby Books for Expectant Parents: Though you can ask someone for a little help when it comes to having a family or a baby, reading books will give you a lot of information about it.
The best book for expectant parents which provides information, advice, and tips from pregnancy stage to the developmental milestone of your child is no other than the books of What to Expect: The Congratulations, You're Expecting! gift set. No wonder why this book is the top-selling book of all times.
Whether you are pregnant, dealing with a tantrum of your toddler, or dealing with PPD ( Post-Patrum Depression), these books are great resources to have in your hand.
The next nine months will be totally new for you as there are no two pregnancies are alike – and that’s when books will be helpful for you to prepare for the coming of your baby as well as knowing information that might help you during your pregnancy.
Table of Contents
- Best Baby Books for Expectant Parents
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility
- Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy (2nd Edition)
- The First Forty Days: The Essential Art of Nourishing the New Mother
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
- What to Expect: The Congratulations, You’re Expecting!
- It Starts with the Egg
- Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn
- Bump to Birthday, Pregnancy & First-Year Baby Journal
- The Babydust Method: A Guide to Conceiving a Girl or a Boy
- Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way
- Real Food for Pregnancy
- Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy: From Doctors Who Are Parents, Too!
- On Becoming Baby Wise
- Baby 411: Clear Answers & Smart Advice for Your Baby’s First Year
- The Fourth Trimester
- Key References
Best Baby Books for Expectant Parents
Here are the best books to prepare for baby for the first time parents:
Taking Charge of Your Fertility
This book is written by Toni Weschler for the 20th year celebration of helping women to achieve pregnancy, how to avoid pregnancy naturally, and gain control of their sexual and gynecological health in a better way.
- This baby book, the Taking Charge of Your Fertility, also aims to help women who are unhappy with their current birth control method, those who are having confusion when it comes to symptoms in her cycle, and demoralized by her quest to have a baby.
- Toni Weschler also tackles the 3 Prevalent Conditions such as PCOS, Endometriosis, and Ovarian Cysts.
- Furthermore, this book allows you to see the fantastic body of a woman and will explain further the empowering method of Fertility Awareness.
- This best book to read while pregnant for the baby is very useful reference for all women under the reproductive stage.
Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy (2nd Edition)
The next is one of the best pregnancy books for first time parents. Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy book is an authoritative yet practical manual from the experts when it comes to pregnancy at the top hospital in America.
- This expectant parents’ book includes information about everything you need to know from healthy lifestyle habits to modern technologies in childbirth as well as prenatal care.
- If you are looking for a book that will help and guide you during your first trimester up to your third trimester, then this book not just explain things but also provide facts about pregnancy and having a baby – without making you feel scared.
- This reputable source also includes a calendar for your 40-week pregnancy as well as a symptoms guide.
The First Forty Days: The Essential Art of Nourishing the New Mother
- This best baby book contains 60 simple & easy to follow recipes for replenishing meals, snacks, and healing soups; it also contains lactation-boosting and calming teas.
- These recipes are all formulated to help and support the unique needs of new moms.
- Aside from 60 recipes, this book also offers advice on how to overcome post-partum period, explains the significance of pregnancy as well as giving birth, and navigating the relationship challenges.
- The First Forty Days book aims to help mothers-to-be and new mothers to feel inspired and soothed about pregnancy and childbirth.
The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding book is for all mothers – working or not, single or married.
- It includes nursing stories, advice, and information about how you should prepare yourself for breastfeeding during your pregnancy, feeding cues, nursing positions, expressing breasts, and storing breast milk.
- This excellent baby book aims to help other moms who are struggling with establishing breastfeeding.
What to Expect: The Congratulations, You’re Expecting!
- These two books are the best-selling books for good reasons.
- In the book “What to Expect When You’re Expecting,” this is perfect for soon-to-be-parents.
- It includes lots of helpful information about your week-by-week pregnancy, the food you should and shouldn’t eat, pregnancy & childbirth complications, pregnancy loss, breastfeeding, bottle feeding, etc.
- While in the book “What to Expect the First Year,” this includes everything you need to know when you gave birth to your child – from choosing a baby name to the developmental milestone.
- With its useful information about everything you need to know, no wonder why it is most recommended by gynecologists and was named one of the “Most Influential Books of the Last 25 Year”.
It Starts with the Egg
- It contains useful advice for anyone who wants to live a healthy lifestyle as well as to reduce toxin exposure.
- Furthermore, this book is perfect for every woman who has to deal with a problem of infertility.
- It Starts with the Egg book also provides information about reproduction and reproductive systems along with its problems backed up by science.
Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn
Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn book are loved by parents and experts as this book puts them in control, and it is based on the latest medical research along with recommendations from leading health organizations.
- This baby book for expectant parents provides information, advice, and guidance you need to know to have a satisfying and safe pregnancy, birth, and postpartum period.
- In this book, you will also find healthy processes, standard description, usual care practices, and typical variations for monitoring pregnancy and birth.
- This book provides useful information, precisely what its title implies.
Bump to Birthday, Pregnancy & First-Year Baby Journal
- By reading Bump to Birthday, Pregnancy & First-Year Baby Journal will inspire parents to capture every moment from pregnancy to child’s birthday.
- It also provides medical information on how your baby develops each week.
- Furthermore, it will not just stop on your baby’s first birthday Tooth and more.
- This book also allows you to put in your ultrasound pictures so that you will never forget about it.
- It is useful to parents in a way that it will always remind them what they have gone through their pregnancy journey.
The Babydust Method: A Guide to Conceiving a Girl or a Boy
- This pregnancy book also explores how you can increase your chances of conceiving your baby in your preferred gender.
- On the other hand, in this book, The Babydust Method, reveals the flaws of different methods such as Shettles method, egg polarity, O+12, pH, and, ion/alkaline/acidic diets.
- This book helped a lot of parents who want to give birth according to their preferred gender and continuously to improve parents who have three children with the same gender.
Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way
The Bradley Method is used and praised by every woman for 27 years, and this book will prepare for both drug and surgery-free childbirth. It is filled with useful information, advice, and tips for a natural birth.
- In this book, you will also find essential positions and exercises in preparation for your labor.
- Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way book is perfect and useful to parents who like to give birth naturally.
- This book will help them prepare everything they need to make; know everything they need to know and expect everything they need to expect.
Real Food for Pregnancy
- Unlike other resources, who are advising what to eat in the pregnancy stage without having any evidence, and they are outdated.
- Real Food for Pregnancy book provides answers with research to back up every recommendation included in the book.
- This book is useful to anyone who is seeking for healthy food and lifestyle to have a healthy pregnancy.
Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy: From Doctors Who Are Parents, Too!
- This childbirth & pregnancy book has a brief introduction to your baby’s development as well as your body.
- It provides precise, straight to the point information about the symptoms of pregnancy; it will also give you information about what you need to look for when finding a pediatrician, what to expect during your prenatal visit, what labor feels like, and more.
- Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy will provide you an authoritative, realistic, and accurate information on pregnancy, birth, and newborns.
On Becoming Baby Wise
- This expectant parents’ book will help you know about his or her feeding time, waketime, and naptime.
- Furthermore, this book will also help you understand about your baby’s sleep problems & challenges, nap routines, sleeping props, sleep training multiples, breastfeeding schedules, bottle feeding tips, and how to train your baby to sleep on time.
- This book is perfect for every first-time mom and dad as it discusses every useful information about your little one.
- It also provides charts to help you see what a healthy baby looks like and a timeline of what you should expect to your baby as he or she grows.
- If you are looking for a book that will help you with your baby, this book is definitely for you.
Baby 411: Clear Answers & Smart Advice for Your Baby’s First Year
- The next baby book for expectant parents provides expert advice starting from pregnancy up to toddler stage.
- Baby 411 book will help first-time parents learn about how to choose a pediatrician, what is the best time to sleep, what to do when your baby gets sick, how to soothe a fussing baby, a guide to successful breastfeeding, and introducing to solid food.
- If you are seeking for a great partner to guide your baby up to her toddler years, then this Baby 411 book is for you.
- It will not only provide you facts and information about your baby but also show you how your baby will grow and develop as years go by.
The Fourth Trimester
- This best pregnancy book for dads will teach you how you can prepare your body for giving birth, how you can organize yourself as well as your household, home remedies and practices to restore energy and healing, strengthen your relationship with your partner, how to carry your baby correctly, and more.
- This is not only useful to moms who are struggling but also to dads as they are also part of the fourth trimester and one of the most influential persons that could help you recover from the postpartum stage.
All parents have gone through the stage of being first-timers when it comes to parenthood so if you are a first-time mom or dad, you don’t need to worry much as there are books that will help you and guide you along your way.
All these baby books are useful, provide advice and information, and offer tips but not every book covers everything from pregnancy to the first years of your child.
So, make sure to buy a book that covers everything – from pregnancy to child’s early years and gained trusted reviews so that you are sure that you are following trusted advice, information, and tips.
-  – “Postpartum depression – Symptoms and causes – Mayo Clinic”. Accessed August 03, 2019. Link.