A baby crib indeed is one of the essential things to buy as you prepare for the coming of your little one, but in reality, newborns do not sleep inside their cribs for the first few months of their lives. Many parents chose to have a bassinet first, which is a small sleeping area specially designed for newborns.
Our top pick for the best bassinet for co-sleeping is the ComfyBumpy Bedside Sleeper Bassinet. It meets all the requirements of things to look for when buying the best bassinet for co-sleeping. Furthermore, it is ASTM-approved, meaning, this bassinet is safe for co-sleeping.
Table of Contents
- What is Co-Sleeping?
- Pros and Cons of Co-Sleeping
- What To Look For?
- Top 10 Best Bassinet For Co-Sleeping
- 1. Baby Delight Beside Me Dreamer Bassinet & Bedside Sleeper
- 2. Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper Easy Folding Portable Crib
- 3. Milliard Side Sleeper Bedside Bassinet
- 4. ComfyBumpy Bedside Sleeper Bassinet
- 5. SwaddleMe By Your Side Sleeper
- 6. Forstart Baby Bassinet
- 7. Cubby Cove Portable Nest for Co-Sleeping Bassinet
- 8. Windream Co Sleeping Bassinet
- 9. Abreeze Baby Bassinet
- 10. DHZJM Baby Bassinet
- Key References
What is Co-Sleeping?
Co-sleeping simply means sleeping closely to your precious one – in the same room or in the same bed. Thus, bed sharing is different from co-sleeping, but it is another way to co-sleep. Aside from bed sharing, here are the following ways of co-sleeping:
- Separate beds in the same room.
- Sidecar arrangement.
- The child is welcomed into the bed of parents as needed.
Pros and Cons of Co-Sleeping
Co-sleeping is a great way to cuddle, get close, and bond often with your little one, but you can’t deny the fact that it comes with several risks.
Here are the pros and cons of co-sleeping:
What To Look For?
Surely, you want the best bassinet for your child for co-sleeping, and to achieve this, you need to carefully look at each brand’s features and compare it with one another.
Furthermore, setting things to watch out is a great way to know which product is the best. Here are the things that you need t look for when buying the best bassinet for co-sleeping:
- Flat, uncluttered, and firm sleep surface.
- Convenient design.
- Stable & sturdy base.
- Ventilated sides.
- Reasonable price.
- Attractive appearance.
- Durability & longevity.
- Easy to clean.
Top 10 Best Bassinet For Co-Sleeping
1. Baby Delight Beside Me Dreamer Bassinet & Bedside Sleeper
Your newborn will surely sleep comfortable and soundly with the use of Bedside Me Dreamer Bassinet & Bedside Sleeper from Baby Delight. It is a perfect option for cosleeping as you can easily access the side panel to reach your baby for night feedings.
- This bassinet is specially designed not just for newborns but also up to 5-6 months.
- It is surrounded by breathable mesh to help keep the air circulating while providing a comfortable sleeping area.
- Baby Delight Bedside Me Dreamer Bassinet is also perfect for bedside sleeper mode or cosleeping as you can easily unzip its side panel to nurse your baby at night.
- This bassinet is lightweight and portable – and you can move from one place to another quickly for convenience.
- It comes with straps where you can attach to your bed so that you can ensure that your baby is safe and secured.
2. Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper Easy Folding Portable Crib
Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper allows you to sleep with your baby without needing to share the same bed. With this bassinet, you can correctly set its height to fit your bed.
- This bedside sleeper can also be turned into a standard bassinet alone, and you can move it from one place to another easily.
- Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper Easy Folding Portable Crib is lightweight – perfect for traveling.
- It comes with 7 adjustable height positions to suit the adult bed.
- It is excellent for long-term use as it can be used from birth up to 5 months.
- It features a stable and sturdy bottom along with a soft mattress so that your baby can sleep soundly.
3. Milliard Side Sleeper Bedside Bassinet
Milliard Side Sleeper Bedside Bassinet is specially designed to accommodate babies from birth up to 5 months – standalone bassinet or side-sleeper mode, making it a perfect choice for co-sleeping.
- Milliard Side Sleeper Bedside Bassinet was tested in a certified lab in the US to ensure that your baby will be safe will sleeping soundly.
- It features multiple storage pockets for storing essentials, especially during night time feedings.
- Milliard Side Sleeper Bedside Bassinet can be adjusted into 3 height positions to suit the height of an adult’s bed.
- This bassinet features an inclinable mattress when in standalone mode to prevent reflux symptoms as well as to help your baby breathe easier.
- This bassinet is covered with mesh on both sides to keep the air circulates.
4. ComfyBumpy Bedside Sleeper Bassinet
ComfyBumpy Bedside Sleeper Bassinet is ASTM-approved to make sure that it is completely safe to use for co-sleeping.
- It features a safety strap to ensure that the bassinet stays in place and you don’t need to worry.
- It features 7 adjustable height positions to suit the height of an adult bed.
- ComfyBumpy Bedside Sleeper bassinet can function as a stand-alone bassinet or bedside sleeper. Additionally, it features 2 different modes – a stable mode and rocking mode.
- This bassinet is lightweight and easy to carry around for on-the-go travels.
- With this bassinet, you can incline it to help prevent your baby from acid reflux.
5. SwaddleMe By Your Side Sleeper
SwaddleMe By Your Side Sleeper offers a comfortable and safe sleeping area. With this bassinet, you cannot afford just co-sleep with your precious one, but you can also feed, monitor, bond, and soothe your baby.
- It features a durable metal frame to help protect the baby from rolling over of parents.
- It comes with an all-around, breathable mesh cover to help air circulate better and does not overheat.
- SwaddleMe By Your Side Sleeper features a compressible wall on both sides to reach your baby comfortably.
- This bassinet is made of soft and comfortable fabrics to keep your baby sleep soundly and at ease.
- If you buy this side sleeper, you can also get a mattress pad as well as a fitted sheet – both are easy to clean.
6. Forstart Baby Bassinet
Forstart Baby Bassinet has passed the security certification as well as the quality inspection – to make sure that this bassinet is safe to use, especially for co-sleeping.
No products found.
- It features side bumpers that serve as bed rails for secured napping and sleeping.
- Forstart Baby Bassinet comes with a breathable mesh cover to prevent overheat so that you surely know that your baby sleeps comfortably.
- This bassinet is made with the highest quality of fabrics that are incredibly soft and breathable to protect your baby’s sensitive skin.
- Fortstart Baby Bassinet can be used in multiple functions such as baby nest, for co-sleeping, baby lounger, and bed travel.
- With its lightweight design and superb portability, you can easily carry this bassinet everywhere.
7. Cubby Cove Portable Nest for Co-Sleeping Bassinet
Cubby Cove is a multi-function bassinet that is perfect for co-sleeping, daytime napping, diaper changing, playing, lounging, tummy time, and infant massaging. With its cushioned and soft fabrics, co-sleeping will be more comfortable for your baby.
- This co-sleeping bassinet from Cubby Cove is lightweight and sturdy, so it is perfect not just for co-sleeping but also for on-the-go travels.
- It features cushiony, firm bumpers to protect the baby from getting outside of it if you are co-sleeping.
- It is designed with cushioned, multi-faceted, and extremely breathable fabrics to keep ventilation better.
- It comes with a detachable shade to protect your precious one from direct sunlight along with harmful lighting.
- This portable and compact bassinet can be easily clean due to its zippered design.
8. Windream Co Sleeping Bassinet
This multi-functional bassinet from Windream can also be used for a bed, travel bed, newborn pillow, changing station, side sleeper or baby lounger. This bassinet is great for co-sleeping due to its breathable and soft materials used plus the bumpers are durable enough to secure your baby.
- Windream’s lightweight & easy to use design makes it a portable baby must-have bassinet.
- It comes with a small pillow for your little one – perfect for newborns up to 3-4 months.
- Windream Co-Sleeping bassinet features a zipper design to make it easier to clean.
- It comes with a handle to easily carry around and cushioned pillow all over to make sure that your newborn baby is safe.
- All materials used to make this Windream Co Sleeping Bassinet are washable, breathable, and hypoallergenic.
9. Abreeze Baby Bassinet
Abreeze Baby Bassinet is basically a lounger but can also be used for co-sleeping, traveling, and outdoor playing. The bumpers of this bassinet are secured and sturdy enough to keep your baby safe.
- This bassinet offers ample space, so moms would not worry if they have big kids.
- It is made of soft and plush fabrics, making it so comfortable; these fabrics can also be cleaned easily and are machine washable.
- It comes with an affordable price, so moms would not worry about how to buy a bassinet.
- With this bassinet, you can make co-sleeping easier, and it is also easy for you to reach or look after your baby.
- All materials used to make this bassinet are all breathable and hypoallergenic to ensure that your baby will sleep soundly.
10. DHZJM Baby Bassinet
With this baby bassinet, your baby will genuinely feel warm, safe, and still in their mother’s womb. It allows you to bond and interacts with your baby – hands-free. Since this bassinet is made of organic cotton, it is ideal for co-sleeping and will make your baby feel at ease and comfortable.
- It is a super soft and comfortable baby bassinet that is made of organic cotton, making sure that your little will be sleeping beside you comfortably.
- It comes with a handle so that you can maneuver it easily – anywhere.
- This multi-functional bassinet can also be a baby lounger, baby nest, play area, etc.
- As your baby grows up, you can adjust this bassinet by loosening the cord at the end of the bumper.
- This lightweight and portable bassinet can be washed off easily.
Co-sleeping is an excellent idea if you want to look after your baby from time to time. However, some risks come with it – that’s why choosing the best bassinet for co-sleeping must be taken seriously. You need to carefully check each brand if it meets the requirements of things to look for.
Hopefully, this guide helped you pick the best bassinet when it comes to co-sleeping.
- “What Is the Purpose of a Bassinet? – ModernMom”. Accessed July 10, 2019. Link.
- “Myths and Truths About Co-Sleeping”. Accessed July 10, 2019. Link.
- “Sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) – Symptoms and causes – Mayo Clinic”. Accessed July 10, 2019. Link.
- “Bed Sharing with Baby | How to Do it Safely”. Accessed July 10, 2019. Link.
- “Bassinets and Cradles Get New Federal Safety Standards | Parents”. Accessed July 10, 2019. Link.
- “ASTM International – Certification and Declaration Programs Directory”. Accessed July 10, 2019. Link.