Every child value the excitement involved in gliding or rolling outside or inside the house with a ride-on toy. Investing in the best toddler tricycle with push handle is an excellent way for your little one to learn skills, have fun, and much more.
Our top pick for the best toddler tricycle with push handle is smarTrike STR3 Folding Toddler Tricycle. Packed with many safety features, this trike ensures stress and worry-free ride for you and your toddler.
Table of Contents
- Best Toddler Tricycles – Comparison Table
- What are Trikes?
- Are Tricycles Better to Try Before Bicycles?
- What to Look for?
- Best Toddler Tricycle with Push Handle
- Key References
These toddler tricycles give parents the option of pushing the tricycle along when your baby is not ready to pedal, or their legs need a break. In this post, we have rounded up the top 6 best toddler tricycle with push handle.
Best Toddler Tricycles – Comparison Table
What are Trikes?
Trikes are three-wheeled motorcycle based on a similar technology like a motorcycle or bicycle and powered by a car engine, scooter, motorcycle, or electric motor. It comes in a wide variety of sizes and shapes, and toddlers as young as 18 months can ride it.
Are Tricycles Better to Try Before Bicycles?
Riding a bicycle involves balance and coordination, which many young children lack. So, it is advised that they start with a tricycle, which allows for more stability and coordination. As your toddler gets used to their trike, they’ll learn how to evenly distribute their weight. This is an essential skill that your child will need later in their life when they learn how to ride bicycles, skateboards, roller skates, and other fun toys. Also, tricycles allow parents to spend quality time outdoors with their little one.
What to Look for?
1) Adjustable Seat
Toddlers come in different sizes and shapes, so you want to ensure the seat is flexible and can comfortably fit your toddler. Beyond that, you want to ensure your child is positioned in such a way that is not stalling them from pedaling correctly.
2) Fixed or Inflatable Tires
Often toddler tricycles may either come with fixed rubber tires or inflatable tires. Both have their pros and cons, but your choice depends on your preference. However, fixed rubber tires are harder to replace than a regular inflatable tire.
Look for a toddler tricycle that is made of rusty materials such as metal rather than plastic. Furthermore, check out the steering to ensure it does not easily tip over. Of course, regardless of the option you go for, having a helmet is essential. Additional safety features you should look for in a toddler tricycle include a 3-wheel design and a safety harness.
4) Pedal Power
Your little one may prefer a pink tricycle, but are the pedals and handlebars reachable? There is no riding if there is no pedal power, which means there is no fun. Ensure the toddler tricycle you choose is practical, and your baby can ride it now, not 6 months from today.
Best Toddler Tricycle with Push Handle
Here are the top 6 best toddler tricycle with push handles on the market today:
1. Radio Flyer Deluxe Steer & Stroll Trike
Radio Flyer Deluxe Steer & Stroll Trike is the perfect choice for toddlers between 2 and 5 years.
- It comes with capabilities and features that allow it to grow with your child, ensuring parents enjoy the real value for their money.
- Your child can ride in 2 different ways: with pedals for advanced riders and without pedals where parents push and steer the toddler tricycle for beginner riders.
- Also, it comes with a stroll adjustable push handle and an adult steer.
- The trike has a removable footrest for those early stages of your child.
- The adjustable seat on this unit makes it easy for parents to customize it to fit their child’s age, ability, and skill.
- It has wide rear wheels that ensure a quiet ride, so your toddler does not become a nuisance in your neighborhood.
- With its durable molded wheels and solid, sturdy frame, don’t be surprised when the Radio Flyer Deluxe Steer & Stroll Trike lasts for a very long time.
2. smarTrike Zoom 4 in 1 Toddler Tricycle
The smarTrike Zoom 4 in 1 Toddler Tricycle is a great beginner option for even the youngest of riders.
- It has a removable safety bar and 3-point Y harness that will keep your child safely within their tricycle.
- This toddler’s tricycle has a 4-configuration system that allows you to easily convert it to your toddler’s need based on their age.
- It has a tricycle control button and an effortless steering bar that will keep parents in control of the trike until your child is ready to ride on their own.
- This unit comes with a sun canopy that protects your little one from the harmful sun rays.
- With the patented shock absorbers, your child is guaranteed a smooth ride.
- Additionally, the high-back seat supports your little one’s posture until they can sit upright.
- Going from a push trike for infants to a full trike, the smarTrike Zoom 4 in 1 Toddler Tricycle was designed to help your child develop balance, confidence, and motor skills as they learn to independently ride.
3. Radio Flyer Classic Tricycle
Radio Flyer Classic Tricycle is the best toddler’s vehicle for going to parks around the neighborhood.
- The removable three-position adjustable handle helps parents guide their child’s ride easily when they can’t ride on their own.
- The recommended age for riding this toddler tricycle is 2 to 4 years, so it will grow with your child.
- Also, the adjustable seat allows parents to set the tricycle according to their child’s age.
- For the maximum safety of your child, this trike comes with a controlled turning radius, which minimizes the possibility of tipping significantly.
- To make pedaling easier for your tot, the front wheel of this tricycle is larger than the rear wheel.
- The Radio Flyer Classic Tricycle has a sturdy frame construction, which ensures it lasts a very long time.
- The integrated chrome finish fenders and handlebars complete the toddler tricycle’s eye-grabbing and stylish looks.
4. Besrey Kids Trike Toddler Tricycle
The Besrey Kids Trike is made from Eco-friendly materials, which are very durable.
- The reclining backrest in this unit will guarantee the comfort of your young rider.
- The 3-point safety belt with the reflective dotted line will protect your toddler from dangers.
- The push handles on this trike is adjustable to meet different parents’ heights.
- This toddler tricycle comes with a sun cover made from ultraviolet resistant materials, protecting your baby from UV radiation.
- The 2 brakes on the rear wheels make it convenient for parents to control the tricycle.
- The ABS plastic, non-inflatable wheels of this unit make it perfect for all terrains.
- With lots of safety features, parents can always rely on the quality of the Besrey Kids Trike.
5. INFANS Kids 4 in 1 Tricycle
The INFANS Kids 4 in 1 Tricycle is perfect for children between 10 months and 5 years and has 4 using modes: classic trike, training trike, push trike, and push troll.
- The adjustable push handle allows parents to control the speed and steering of this tricycle.
- Also, the tricycle can grow with your child as the seat cushions, safety guardrail, and canopy are all removable.
- The adjustable canopy can protect your little one from direct sunlight.
- The retractable and foldable pedal has reasonable practicability and is very convenient for regular use.
- The handlebar is equipped with a bell to add extra fun for children’s play.
- This tricycle also has a detachable basket to store your child’s toys, paper towels, diapers, and snacks.
- The 3-point safety harness on the seat offers the perfect combination of child safety and comfort.
- The inflatable-free wheels have a shock absorption structure, which makes tires wear-resistant, making it great for multiple surfaces.
6. smarTrike STR3 Folding Toddler Tricycle
smarTrike STR3 Folding Toddler Tricycle is a 6 in 1 tricycle that compactly folds up, making it the perfect choice for all families.
- The effortless one-touch steering allows parents to easily control the tricycle with no effort in steering.
- This 6 in 1 unit has 6 stages, so the tricycle can grow with your baby from an infant push tricycle to an independent trike.
- It features a control button on the front wheel mudguard that allows parents to switch control over to the baby quickly and back again once they are getting frustrated or tired.
- The unique folding mechanism of this trike will enable it to be fully foldable, with no dismantling.
- This trike is equipped with front-wheel shock absorbers, to ensure your little one enjoys a smooth ride.
- Additionally, it has a reclining high-back seat for your child’s napping comfort.
- The smarTrike STR3 Folding Toddler Tricycle is available in a variety of vibrant colors to suit your child’s preference.
Our top recommendation for the best toddler tricycle with push handle is smarTrike STR3 Folding Toddler Tricycle. It comes with several safety features to ensure a stress and worry-free ride for you and your toddler.
With the best toddler tricycle with push handle, you can control how slow or fast your child is going. While you need not worry about your insurance going up with a trike, you need to worry about durability and safety when shopping for a toddler tricycle for your kids.
- “Foam Tires Vs. Air Tires” – Tikes Bikes. Accessed March 27, 2020. Link.
- “Bicycle Helmets” – Official Journey of the Academy of Pediatrics. Accessed March 27, 2020. Link.