Best Diaper Rash Cream For Adults: Adults who are using diapers or incontinence briefs most likely to have diaper rashes as their skin reacts to it. Some ingredients of diapers don’t work for everyone – and that’s when diaper rashes occur. To treat these rashes, you need an effective diaper rash cream.
Our pick for the best diaper rash cream for adults is the Calmoseptine Ointment. It contains zinc oxide, which is better and safer than lanolin, works quickly in just a matter of hours, a thick formula for superior protection, and suitable for all ages.
Table of Contents
- Diaper Rash in Adults
- What ingredients to look for in a diaper rash for adults?
- Best Diaper Rash Cream For Adults
- 1. Balmex Adult Care Cream
- 2. Desitin Rapid Relief Diaper Rash Cream
- 3. Dermocrem Treatment & Prevention of Diaper Rash
- 4. Equate Maximum Strength Diaper Rash Relief
- 5. Dr. Smith’s Quick Relief Diaper Rash Ointment
- 6. SensiCare Protective Barrier
- 7. Calmoseptine Ointment
- 8. Lantiseptic Original Skin Protectant
- Key References
Diaper Rash in Adults
- The heat, moisture, and bacteria near the skin, especially those on absorbent padded briefs, get trapped cause diaper rash.
- Sometimes the inflammation is caused by ammonia in the Urine or enzymes in stools, which irritate skin tissues when in contact.
- Generally, the diaper rash starts as a small pinkish patch on the affected areas of the skin. Then it develops into large red spots, raised bump, and becomes very painful or sometimes very itchy or too much burning as well.
- The adult diaper rash can develop on the groin, buttocks, thighs or hips.
- The fungal infections are commonly known as Candida albicans.
- The bacterial infections are generally known as Staphylococcus aureus.
For extreme conditions, please consult your doctor right away to get it diagnosed & treated.
What ingredients to look for in a diaper rash for adults?
When buying a diaper rash cream for adults, always look a rash cream that contains zinc oxide or petroleum. These two ingredients are known as an effective moisture barrier that helps to avoid ingredients that might irritate the skin.
Note: We haven’t listed cons for each diaper creams as they have one drawback in similar – and that’s having an allergic reaction. There are different types of skin, and each reacts differently.
Best Diaper Rash Cream For Adults
1. Balmex Adult Care Cream
Balmex Adult Care Cream is designed to soothe and protect your skin from chafing, irritation, and diaper rash.
- This best rash cream for adults includes exclusive ActivGuard technology that neutralizes irritants.
- Balmex for adults contains vitamin E that soothes and improves your skin’s healthy look.
- This adult diaper rash treatment contains 11.3% zinc oxide that helps seal out the wetness as well as prevent the rashes that might occur in the future.
- This Balmex Adult Care Cream is dermatologist-tested and works in just one use.
- This adult diaper rash cream does not contain any harmful fragrances.
2. Desitin Rapid Relief Diaper Rash Cream
Desitin Rapid Relief Diaper Rash Cream helps encourage healing as well as soothe and prevent your skin from diaper rash.
- This diaper rash cream can be wiped off easily and goes on smoothly.
- Desitin Rapid Relief Diaper Rash Cream is dermatologically-tested.
- Desitin for adults relieves rash discomfort while providing relief on your skin.
- This Desitin cream for adults forms a protective barrier on your skin.
- This adult diaper rash treatment contains 13% of zinc oxide as an active ingredient.
3. Dermocrem Treatment & Prevention of Diaper Rash
Dermocrem is specifically designed to treat and prevent diaper rash but can also be used for bedsores and eczema.
- Dermocrem contains 15.25% of zinc oxide as an active ingredient.
- This adult diaper cream helps treat diaper rash as well as prevent it.
- Dermocrem also protects the skin from getting chaffed due to diaper rashes.
- This adult diaper rash cream helps seal out wetness.
- This diaper rash ointment for adults does treat not only diaper rash but also eczema and bedsore.
4. Equate Maximum Strength Diaper Rash Relief
Equate Maximum Strength diaper rash relief contains a maximum level of zinc oxide for superior protection.
- It soothes discomforts from rash without harmful preservatives and parabens.
- Equate Maximum Strength not just treat and prevent diaper rash but also protects the skin from getting chafed.
- This Equate diaper rash cream contains 40% of zinc oxide as an active ingredient.
- This best rash cream goes on smoothly and washes off easily.
- This diaper rash cream comes with a fresh scent.
5. Dr. Smith’s Quick Relief Diaper Rash Ointment
Dr.Smith’s Quick Relief Diaper Rash Ointment contains premium ingredients that create an optimum barrier to keep the skin soothed and dry.
- This creamy ointment provides soothing relief from the rash discomforts.
- It contains 10% of zinc oxide as an active ingredient.
- Dr.Smith’s Quick Relief Diaper Rash Ointment is a pediatrician tested product which means that it can also be used for babies.
- This diaper rash ointment is gentle for daily preventive use.
- It protects chafed skin due to diaper rash and also seals out wetness.
6. SensiCare Protective Barrier
The next best treatment for adult diaper rash is SensiCare Protective Barrier that provides optimum protection for delicate & high-risk skin.
- It contains 15% of zinc oxide as an active ingredient that guards sensitive and fragile skin.
- SensiCare Protective Barrier is designed to treat and prevent irritation due to diaper rash and incontinence.
- It is a skin protectant for all ages – not just for adults but also for babies.
- This diaper rash cream is easy to apply as well as to remove.
- SensiCare Protective Barrier is made without dye and fragrance.
7. Calmoseptine Ointment
Calmoseptine Ointment is a multi-purpose moisture barrier ointment that also treats diaper rash and other skin irritation.
- This diaper rash cream Calmoseptine soothes, protects, and promotes healing of skin irritations from incontinence as well as diaper rash.
- The Calmoseptine ointment is used to protect the skin from urine, stools, and wetness.
- It can also be used for burns, scrapes, and minor cuts.
- This adult diaper cream contains 20.6% of zinc oxide and 0.44% menthol as an active ingredient.
- This diaper rash cream is for all ages.
8. Lantiseptic Original Skin Protectant
Lantiseptic Original Skin Protectant helps prevent and treat different minor skin irritations.
- It contains 50% lanolin as an active ingredient.
- Lantiseptic diaper cream promotes healing of skin irritations and injuries and serves as a first aid treatment.
- It protects chafed skin due to incontinence as well as diaper rash and seals out wetness.
- It offers a superior moisture barrier for the relief of skin discomforts.
- This product is a choice in long-term care facilities.
Diaper rash is very typical when you are using diapers, but it is a very uncomfortable feeling when you have it.
Using diaper rash cream is very helpful to treat and prevent rashes, but make sure that when you are buying for the best diaper rash cream for adults, only buy a product that contains zinc oxide and petroleum as these ingredients are effective and safer to use.
Hopefully, this guide helped you pick the best diaper rash cream for adults!
-  – “Diaper rash: How to treat | American Academy of Dermatology”. Accessed June 19, 2019. Link.
-  – “Diaper rash – Diagnosis and treatment – Mayo Clinic”. Accessed June 19, 2019. Link.
-  – “Get Relief – Balmex Adult Care Rash Cream”. Accessed June 19, 2019. Link.
-  – “Diaper Dermatitis in Elderly” – Journal of Dermatitis. Accessed December 12, 2019. Link.