Best Sunscreen for Sensitive Skin Babies: We all know that the skin of our precious one is sensitive, so it’s not surprising that they need something that will protect their skin from the sun. They need sunscreen when they are outside their house.
Our best pick for the best sunscreen for sensitive skin babies is Alba Botanica Tropical Fruit Sunscreen. It is the only sunscreen that doesn't leave any white residue, easy to apply, made of botanical ingredients, and features tear-free formula.
According to dermatologists, using sunscreen on newborns is not recommended. Sunscreen for babies must only be applied to babies from 6 months and older.
Table of Contents
- What to Look For?
- 10 Best Sunscreen for Sensitive Skin Babies
- 1. Sunblocz Baby & Kids Mineral Sunscreen
- 2. Aveeno Baby Mineral Sunscreen Lotion
- 3. Baby Bum Mineral Sunscreen Lotion
- 4. Blue Lizard Baby Sunscreen
- 5. Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Mineral Sunscreen Stick
- 6. Babyganics Baby Sunscreen Lotion
- 7. Goddess Garden Baby Mineral Sunscreen Lotion
- 8. California Baby Super Sensitive Mineral Sunscreen
- 9. Banana Boat Simply Protect Mineral-based Sunscreen Lotion
- 10. Alba Botanica Tropical Fruit Kids Sunscreen (Recommended)
- Key References
What to Look For?
There are many brands of sunscreen in the market, and surely, you are confused to find the best one. Here are the following criteria that would help you pick the best sunscreen for your baby:
- Look for “broad spectrum” term on its label – it means that the specific sunscreen will help protect your baby against UVB & UVA rays.
- Choose a sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher – sunscreen does have different SPF factor, which rates how effective it is when it comes to preventing sunburn.
- Choose a mineral sunscreen – titanium dioxide or zinc oxide should be its primary active ingredient; these physical barriers are hypoallergenic.
- Make sure to check that the sunscreen that you are buying does not contain insect repellants because they are less active.
- Go for a sunscreen that is sweat and water-resistant – babies are more likely active, and their sweat glands are very active. To make sure that the sunscreen will stay on their skin even if they get wet, choose a sunscreen that is sweat and water-resistant.
10 Best Sunscreen for Sensitive Skin Babies
1. Sunblocz Baby & Kids Mineral Sunscreen
- This mineral sunscreen from Sunblocz contains SPF 50 plus and is water-resistant for 80 minutes.
- It is made of natural ingredients only that are totally safe for babies, the environment, and even parents like you.
- Sunblocz Baby & Kids Mineral Sunscreen is clinically tested and recommended by dermatologists.
- It is hypoallergenic, gentle, and safe to use for babies, even with the most delicate skin.
- This sunscreen does not include any artificial fragrance.
2. Aveeno Baby Mineral Sunscreen Lotion
- Aveeno Baby Mineral Sunscreen Lotion is as mild as water when applied to the skin and it will not either irritate nor sting your babies sensitive skin.
- This mineral sunscreen lotion is safe to use on both face and body.
- It is specially formulated with naturally-sourced 100% zinc oxide active as well as skin-soothing oat; plus this sunscreen is both water and sweat-resistant for 80 minutes.
- Aveeno Baby Mineral Sunscreen Lotion features tear-free formula, non-greasy, paraben-free, fragrance-free, phthalate-free, and hypoallergenic.
- It has been awarded by the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance and recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation for being an effective broad-spectrum sunscreen.
3. Baby Bum Mineral Sunscreen Lotion
- This sunscreen lotion can be applied and absorbed easily not just to the body but also to the face of your little one, without feeling oily.
- Baby Bum Mineral Sunscreen Lotion features broad-spectrum protection that protects your baby’s sensitive skin from damaging and burning.
- This product comes with SPF 50, water-resistant, lightweight, and made of safe minerals.
- It contains shea & coconut butter as well as coconut oil to ensure that every skin type is hydrated.
- All items from Baby Bum, including their mineral sunscreen lotion, are not tested on animal.
4. Blue Lizard Baby Sunscreen
- Blue Lizard Baby Sunscreen contains both titanium dioxide and zinc oxide as active ingredients to protect the baby’s delicate skin efficiently.
- It includes SPF 30+ formula that provides superior broad-spectrum protection against sun‘s burning and damaging rays.
- This product has been trusted by dermatologists for over 20 years.
- Blue Lizard Baby Sunscreen is water-resistant, ensuring that it will stay still on the skin even your baby is wet.
- Blue Lizard Baby Sunscreen features Smart Bottle Technology wherein, the bottle itself, turns to pink color if the UV light is harmful.
5. Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Mineral Sunscreen Stick
- It is specially formulated for babies to toddler – and even adults and is made of natural ingredients.
- This easy-to-use, weightless, and non-greasy sunscreen stick is perfect for face and ears.
- Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Mineral Sunscreen Stick is hypoallergenic, paraben-free, PABA-free, and water-resistant for up to 80 minutes.
- This sunscreen has been awarded by the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance for sensitive skin & eczema condition.
- This sunscreen for sensitive skin contains both zinc oxide & titanium dioxide for superior protection of your baby.
6. Babyganics Baby Sunscreen Lotion
- Babyganics Baby Sunscreen Lotion contains NeoNourish seed oil blend – their blend of sunflower, black cumin, cranberry, raspberry, and black cumin seed oils.
- This sunscreen is perfect for targeted protection and high exposure areas as it comes with SPF 50+ and broad-spectrum protection to protect your baby’s delicate skin.
- It features tear-free formula so that in case of eye contact, your baby‘s eyes will not get irritated.
- This product is easy to use and glides on smoothly, unlike any other brands in the market.
- Babyganics Baby Sunscreen Lotion is cruelty-free and recommended by most dermatologists.
7. Goddess Garden Baby Mineral Sunscreen Lotion
- This baby mineral sunscreen lotion comes in a new, gentle, and improved formula that is easier to apply, sheerer, and has a light lavender scent.
- It contains non-nano minerals that offer superior broad-spectrum protection and SPF 50.
- Goddess Garden Baby Mineral Sunscreen Lotion also contains coconut oil and organic shea butter to ensure that your baby’s skin is nourished and hydrated.
- This sunscreen from Goddess Garden is cruelty-free, meaning it is not tested on animals and reef-safe.
- It is lightweight, easy to apply, dry-touch, and ultra-sheer for a non-hassle application.
8. California Baby Super Sensitive Mineral Sunscreen
- This product is highly rated for having safe ingredients for the past 9 years by the Environment Working Group.
- California Baby Super Sensitive Mineral Sunscreen contains organic and naturally-based ingredients to ensure that it is safe for babies with all skin types.
- It features superior broad-spectrum protection with SPF 30+ and sits only on top of the skin to prevent from irritation.
- This sunscreen from California Baby is an award-winning and received recognition from Babble. com, WebMD, She Knows Parenting, etc.
- This product is both sweat and water-resistant to make sure that your baby’s skin is still protected even when he or she is wet.
9. Banana Boat Simply Protect Mineral-based Sunscreen Lotion
Banana Boat has already proved themselves when it comes to producing high-quality products, and you can also expect that to their mineral-based sunscreen lotion. This product can be applied easily so that it will not irritate your baby’s skin.
- This mineral-based sunscreen lotion is mild and features tear-free formula.
- It is made without any octinoxate and oxybenzone, meaning, that this product is not just safe for babies with sensitive skin but also to the reef.
- It comes with an SPF 50+ and broad-spectrum protection to protect your baby against harmful and damaging sun rays.
- This product will not just protect you from the sun but also ocean water, sweat, wind, pool water, sand, and even 100-degree heat.
- It is suggested by the Skin Cancer Foundation to protect the skin from UVA and UVB rays.
10. Alba Botanica Tropical Fruit Kids Sunscreen (Recommended)
Alba Botanica Tropical Fruit Kids Sunscreen is lightweight and is made of botanical ingredients such as chamomile and aloe leaf juice. It also features tear-free formula to make sure that your little ones’ eyes will not get irritated.
- Skin Cancer Foundation recommends this sunscreen as one of the best sunscreens for babies with sensitive skin.
- Alba Botanica Sunscreen features reef-friendly formula, which contains 100% vegetarian ingredients.
- This product comes in a 4 oz. Bottle with SPF 45 and broad-spectrum protection to keep your child against UVB and UVA rays.
- It is gluten-free, no oxybenzone, no octinoxate, not tested on animals, and comes in a natural fragrance.
- Alba Botanica ensures that their sunscreen is easy to apply, non-greasy, and feels light on the skin.
Choosing the best sunscreen must be taken seriously as your baby’s skin will be at stake. Looking back at the things to consider listed above when choosing the best sunscreen will help you find the perfect one. Hopefully, this guide helped you picked the best sunscreen for babies with sensitive skin.
-  – “Baby sunscreen: What’s recommended? – Mayo Clinic”. Accessed July 24, 2019. Link.
-  – “what is broad spectrum spf?”. Accessed July 24, 2019. Link.
-  – “What Is SPF And How Does SPF Work?”. Accessed July 24, 2019. Link.
-  – “Blue Lizard | Sesame Street”. Accessed July 24, 2019. Link.
-  – “Leaping Bunny”. Accessed July 24, 2019. Link.