Best Diapers for Babies with Sensitive Skin: When you have a baby, there is no getting around diapers as you will need them. It is common for babies with sensitive skin to have frequent diaper rashes, eczema, and allergic reaction.
So, what are the best diapers for sensitive skin? This page will help you to find the best baby diapers for sensitive skin.
Our top pick for the best hypoallergenic disposable diapers is the Eco-friendly Bambo Nature diapers. They are 100% free from any harmful chemicals that can irritate the baby's skin. A lot of sensitive skin baby diapers are not very absorbent, but this diaper is very absorbent and leak-free.
Many times, these conditions are caused by using certain diapers and for babies with very sensitive skin finding the right diapers is important. The good news is there are many diapers tailored for babies with sensitive skin. In this guide, we have reviewed the best diapers for babies with sensitive skin.
Table of Contents
- Why Do Babies Have Sensitive Skin?
- What to Look for When Buying Diapers for Sensitive Skin Babies?
- Best Diapers for Babies with Sensitive Skin
- 1. Pampers Sensitive Disposable Baby Diapers
- 2. HUGGIES Little Snugglers Baby Diapers
- 3. Andy Pandy Biodegradable Bamboo Disposable Diapers
- 4. Bambo Nature Disposable Diapers
- 5. ALVABABY Cloth Diapers
- 6. Seventh Generation Baby Diapers
- 7. Earth’s Best Disposable Baby Diapers
- 8. Thirsties Duo Wrap Cloth Diaper
- 9. Pampers Swaddlers Newborn Size 1
Why Do Babies Have Sensitive Skin?
Most infants have sensitive skin, but some may be extra sensitive. Newborn skin is very delicate and so is their immune system. Fragrances, chemicals, detergents, dyes in clothing, and baby products can cause skin irritation in babies.
What to Look for When Buying Diapers for Sensitive Skin Babies?
A) Safe Ingredients
For babies with sensitive skin, avoid using diapers with fragrance, chlorine, dyes, and other chemical substances. Diapers that contain chlorine usually leave a chemical called dioxin, and this can be dangerous for your baby. You do not need a fragrance to mask the smell from the diaper; it should only smell when it is time to change it. So, the best diapers for sensitive skin should not contain any chemicals.
You should choose diapers with a breathable outer material and an inner lining that ensure the baby’s dry is always dry. Diapers for babies with sensitive skin should also be comfortable, and they should allow for free movement. Therefore, ensure that the diapers for sensitive skin is breathable.
C) Disposable vs. Cloth Diapers
Some babies respond well to disposable diapers while others do not. If your baby falls in this category, you can try cloth diapers on them.
Cloth diapers are said to be healthiest for the baby’s skin, although they may require extra effort on your part. You can easily find a comfortable cloth diaper that is absorbent and has removable inserts. They can last for a very long time, and they are money saving when compared to disposable diapers.
Best Diapers for Babies with Sensitive Skin
1. Pampers Sensitive Disposable Baby Diapers
- These best pampers for sensitive skin have functional closure tabs and cuffs that allow your baby to move freely.
- It has an inner layer that acts as a protective barrier to keep the baby’s skin dry all the time.
- These sensitive diapers have absorbent padding that is made of gelling material.
- These hypoallergenic diapers have a wetness indicator that lets you know when they soil the diaper.
2. HUGGIES Little Snugglers Baby Diapers
- It has an individual layer at the top that helps to prevent leaks.
- It has a breathable outer layer, and they fit comfortably.
- The newborn size of this diaper has a cutout design at the front that helps to protect the baby’s umbilical cord.
- These huggies sensitive skin diapers have a wetness indicator that lets you know when it is time to change it.
- You don’t have to worry about any irritating smells as thee sensitive diapers is unscented.
3. Andy Pandy Biodegradable Bamboo Disposable Diapers
- You don’t have to worry about your baby having an adverse skin reaction as it has a hypoallergenic design.
- It is very soft, and they are made from biodegradable bamboo.
- This diaper had thermal regulating and moisture wicking capabilities that will ensure your baby stays dry and comfortable.
- It is 100% chlorine free with no preservatives or alcohol that can hurt your baby’s skin.
4. Bambo Nature Disposable Diapers
- These best natural diapers for sensitive skin have awarded it the Nordic Swan ECO Label to certify that they are 100% free from harmful substances.
- Also, they are free from dyes, chlorine, latex, inks, perfumes or any other thing that may irritate a baby’s skin.
- The diaper is available in different sizes, and it can size babies from newborn to toddlers.
- The Bambo Nature diaper is absorbent, and you can use it during the day or at night.
5. ALVABABY Cloth Diapers
- It is adjustable, and it can fit babies weighing between 6.6 to 33 pounds.
- It has leg gussets that help to prevent leaks. It is machine washable, and it doesn’t wear out quickly.
- The outer material is breathable, and they are comfortable to wear.
- It has a microfiber insert that is very absorbent, and they dry fast after washing.
6. Seventh Generation Baby Diapers
- It is available in print or plain design, making them perfect for boys and girls.
- It has an absorbent core that helps to lock the moisture away.
- These sensitive baby diapers do not contain any fragrance or any other chemical substance that can irritate the baby’s skin.
- It has an adjustable tab, and they can fit all baby sizes.
- It has a soft quilted lining that is made with unbleached cotton to help keep the baby’s skin smooth and protected.
7. Earth’s Best Disposable Baby Diapers
- It is available in 7 different sizes.
- It has a soft and stretch panel that refastens to provide a snug fit for your baby.
- The breathable sides and moisture barrier cuff provide protection from leaks.
8. Thirsties Duo Wrap Cloth Diaper
- This diaper is made of 100% polyester that is comfortable for the baby and will minimize irritation.
- It has a waterproof outer layer and keg gussets that helps to prevent leaks.
- It is available in different sizes, and it can fit babies weighing between 6 to 40 pounds.
- These good diapers for sensitive skin have adjustable snaps that give your baby a secure fit.
9. Pampers Swaddlers Newborn Size 1
- These pampers swaddlers sensitive skin diapers have a hypoallergenic design that helps to ensure your baby is healthy.
- It has a wetness indicator that lets you know when they soil the diaper.
- It has a Blankie soft design that makes it comfortable and gentle on the baby’s skin.
- The Unique Absorb Away Liner helps to pull moisture and mess away from the baby’s skin.
- These hypoallergenic sensitive skin diapers have a contoured umbilical cord notch that will provide a comfortable fit for a newborn’s belly.
There is no perfect choice with diapers as what works for different babies differs. Some babies will respond well to certain diapers while others will not, the only way to be sure is to test them out.
- – Baby Skin Care: Tips for Your Newborn – WebMD. Accessed January 05, 2019. Link.
- –“Diaper Dilemma: Cloth, Disposable, Chemicals, Rashes, and More”. Accessed January 05, 2019. Link.