Best Double Strollers for Airport Travel: Going through the airport and onto the airplane with twins can be quite stressful, but with the right travel gear such as a double stroller, you can have a better experience.
After reviewing all strollers listed below, our best pick for the best double stroller for travel is the Jeep Destination Ultralight Side X Side Double Stroller. This JPMA-certified double stroller is specially made for travel.
Jeep Destination Ultralight Side X Side Double Stroller has passed the safety standards of both ASTM and CPSC, meaning these are safe, lightweight & compact to use when traveling.
Also, strollers are excellent and quite useful when you go to the mall, run some errands or have a picnic in the park. But what if you have twins or 2 toddlers and you will have family travel or vacation? That’s when double strollers take place and are useful.
Double strollers (aka twin strollers) are strollers with the capacity to accommodate more than one child. If your kids are young and still need to use a stroller, it is a good idea to take one with you.
Having twins or 2 children with age not far from one another is challenging, especially when you are about to travel. That’s why having a double stroller is helpful – and with this, you can maneuver it on your own without needing another person to help you.
A stroller makes it easier to transport your kids and push them around. In this guide, we have reviewed 11 best double strollers for airport travel.
Table of Contents
- Best Double Strollers For Air Travel Comparison Table
- What To Look For In Double Strollers For Travel?
- Things to Consider When Choosing Strollers For Air Travel
- Best Double Strollers for Airport Travel
- 1. Jeep Destination Ultralight Side X Side Double Stroller
- 2. ZOE XL2 Best Double Stroller
- 3. Peg Perego Book for Two Baby Stroller
- 4. Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller
- 5. Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Double Jogging Stroller
- 6. Evenflo Minno Twin Double Stroller
- 7. Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Double Stroller
- 8. J is for Jeep Brand Scout Double Stroller
- 9. Delta children LX Side by Side Stroller
- 10. JOOVY Twin Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller
- 11. Baby Joy Double Lightweight Stroller
- Key References
Best Double Strollers For Air Travel Comparison Table
What To Look For In Double Strollers For Travel?
The main point of buying a double stroller is to make it easier for you to get your children from one location to another. However, not all double strollers are suitable to carry, especially when you are traveling. Here are the things you need to consider when buying the best double stroller for travel:
- Lightweight & compact: Your double stroller needs to be lightweight & compact only because you are traveling. You will carry it in and out of your car from time to time, and it shouldn’t be too big so that it can fit in your car’s trunk.
- Easy to fold with a carrying strap: This will make it easier for you to transport and carry easily as you will fold and carry it multiple times when you are traveling.
- Basket space: You need to choose a double stroller that has enough space for your children’s needs throughout the day.
- Sun canopy: As you travel and roam around the streets, there will always be sunlight and your children will evidently get irritated by that. Having a wide-sized sun canopy will protect your children from harmful sun rays.
- Easy to maneuver: If you want to enjoy and have fun while traveling, choose a double stroller that can be moved easily so it will not give you a hard time in the future.
- Safety harness: This is one of the most important things that you should look for when buying a double stroller so that you will ensure the safety of your children while traveling.
Things to Consider When Choosing Strollers For Air Travel
1. Size and Weight
What differentiates a travel stroller from a regular stroller is the size and weight. The best double strollers for air travel are usually lightweight and portable. They have fewer features and comfort but are generally small enough to store and lug around. They have features such as a sun canopy and a decent storage basket.
Here are the airplanes stroller check-in policies for major airlines in the US. Check them out below:
|Airlines||Baby/Infant Stroller Policies|
|Alaska Airlines||Alaskan Airlines Stroller/car Seat Policy|
|Hawaiian Air||Hawiian Air Stroller Policy|
|Southwest Airlines||Southwest Strollers and Child Restraint Systems Policy|
|JetBlue Airlines||JetBlue Travelling with Kids Policy|
|Delta Airlines||Delta Stroller Policy|
|Frontier Airlines||Frontier Stroller Policy|
|Spirit Airlines||Spirit Car Seat/Stroller Policy|
|American Airlines||American Airlines Stroller Policy|
|United Airlines||American United Airlines Strollers & Wagons Policy|
2. Ease of Folding
- A double stroller that is easy to fold and have a carry strap is not only essential but very helpful.
- This is not a big deal when you are at home as you might just need to fold it up when putting it in the car.
- However, when it comes to air travel, you will have to do these many times.
3. Recline and Other Features
- A lot of strollers feature reclines and a sun canopy, but there may be a need to compromise on large storage basket.
- A reclining travel stroller is handy for naps on the go.
- The reclining feature is likely to make the stroller heavier.
- It is important to consider if this is necessary before purchasing a stroller for air travel.
4. Comfort and Safety
- Your children are going to spend a lot of time in the double stroller while you are on vacation
- this is why it is important they are very comfortable using it.
- You should purchase those strollers with features such as padded handles, adjustable handles, and cup holders.
- Make sure the stroller has the necessary safety features such as braking system and straps.
Best Double Strollers for Airport Travel
There are the 10 best hand-picked top double strollers for travel on the market today:
1. Jeep Destination Ultralight Side X Side Double Stroller
Jeep Destination Ultralight Side X Side Double Stroller is great for traveling because it has enough space to be comfortable for 2 children and slim enough to fit in your car’s compartment.
- It offers independently reclining seats as well as footrests so that your children will be comfortable and can cater to their needs.
- The jeep double strollers feature two oversized canopies with extendable SPF 50 sun visors to protect your children from harmful sun rays.
- This foldable double stroller from Jeep Destination features 1680D fabric that’s durable and water-resistant to make sure that your children are dry all the time and safe.
- This best lightweight stroller for airplane travel offers an easy-to-fold feature and is also compact, making it perfect for every travel. It also comes with carrying strap so that you can easily carry it from one place to another.
- This Jeep double stroller side by side can be reclined in different levels according to your children’s preferences and needs. This double stroller also includes swivel child bars for easy getting in and out of the stroller.
2. ZOE XL2 Best Double Stroller
Zoe XL2 Best Double Stroller is perfect for parents who love to travel. It is made of durable high-grade aluminum that only weighs 19 pound – a lightweight stroller indeed.
- This well-built double stroller features a compact fold and easily folded to suit your needs.
- This compact double stroller for travel features 4-panel canopies that are independent to block harsh sun rays, wind, and passersby.
- This lightweight double stroller for travel from Zoe can be reclined up to 165 degrees to meet your children’s needs and preferences.
- It comes with an elastic storage basket to put all your babies needs, such as clothes, wipes, diapers, etc.
- This compact stroller for air travel includes front swivel and lockable double wheels on both sides as well as a secure double break.
3. Peg Perego Book for Two Baby Stroller
Peg Perego Book for Two Baby Stroller is only 29″ wide and can easily fold and move inward, making it easy to cross those busy sidewalks and narrow store aisles while you travel.
- It comes with adjustable backrests as well as footrests allowing your children to feel relaxed while you travel.
- This Peg Perego Book for Two Baby Stroller is not only for toddlers but also for newborn twins because it can hold two car seats at the same time.
- It comes with a large basket that includes 3 pocket dividers to store baby essentials and some of the parents’ needs.
- It features large hoods that include peek-a-boo windows so that you can still see your children while you maneuver the stroller.
- It comes with front bumpers so that you can easily carry in and out your children.
4. Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller
This multi-configuration Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller simplifies travels and getaways for growing families with 2 infants, 1 toddler and 1 infant or 2 toddlers. Its seating configuration makes it easy for parents to carry their children while they travel.
- This double stroller from Chicco is compact and can be folded easily, making it trunk-friendly and self-standing.
- It comes with a large and accessible basket to put all your baby essentials.
- It features independent canopies, multi-position backrests, and an adjustable handle for all-around comfort.
- It includes a 5-point safety harness to ensure the security and safety of your children.
- This double stroller from Chicco features a self-standing fold and can be activated using one hand.
5. Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Double Jogging Stroller
With its swivel front wheels that lock into place, this Thule Urban Glide 2.0 Double Jogging Stroller is easy to maneuver and is perfect for any getaways and travels.
- It features an integrated twist hand brake that provides speed control on hilly terrain.
- It includes multi-position canopies that come along with side-ventilation widows that make sure your children are comfortable.
- This stroller from Thule offers reclining seats to suit the needs and preferences of your children.
- It features a compact fold – making it great and suitable for traveling, accessible storage, and transportation.
- It includes a 5-point safety harness to ensure that your children are safe and secured at all times.
6. Evenflo Minno Twin Double Stroller
- This evenflo double stroller is a lightweight and compact stroller for your twins or second child.
- It weighs 26 pounds, and it is easy to fold.
- This stroller is compact, and it meets most airlines’ carry-on luggage.
- Each seat on the stroller can be fully reclined, and the footrest brought up so that each child can lay completely flat.
- It has a one hand self-standing fold design that makes it convenient to use.
- It has a comfortable handle that makes it easy to control.
- This double stroller has a front wheel suspension with swivel locks that makes it comfortable to push around.
- It has a generous storage basket that is capable of holding all your kid’s essentials.
- The seats have a 27-inch width that is capable of accommodating children up to 45 pounds each.
7. Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Double Stroller
The next air-travel friendly double stroller in our list is Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Double Stroller. This best lightweight double stroller has side-by-side twin seats which is budget-friendly.
- This best stroller for air travel has fantastic features for both parents and babies.
- Each seat has a weight capacity of up to 40 pounds.
- This stroller is fully collapsible, and it can be stored in the overhead compartment.
- Each seat sports a padded adjustable five-point harness, and they recline individually.
- Each seat has their own tray; they are removable so you can pop them off if you didn’t want to use them.
- This lightweight twin stroller has 3-tier extended canopies that have an integrated peek-a-boo window that will offer you a clear sight of your loved ones while traveling.
- The wheels on this stroller roll on 7-inch wheels in the back and 6 inch double wheels on the front.
- These front wheels are 360-degree swivel wheels.
- This Kolcraft double stroller is best on smooth pavements, and it is excellent for travel.
- This lightweight twin stroller for travel also has front wheel suspension which is going to absorb some of the bumps.
8. J is for Jeep Brand Scout Double Stroller
- This is another compact stroller that is easy to store and ideal for air travel.
- It comes with a durable, lightweight frame.
- This stroller can fit through any standard doorway.
- At only 18.30 lbs, this unit is so compact and lightweight that it can easily fit in an airplane overhead compartment.
- The seats can hold up to 70 pounds of weight in total.
- This best twin stroller has a five-point safety harness that ensures your children are safe.
- It has extendable canopies that protect your kids from the sun.
- Each seat has a multiple recline that allows for easy adjusting.
- The wheels with a front swivel on this stroller provide a smooth ride experience.
- It has enough storage options to accommodate your children and all their gears.
9. Delta children LX Side by Side Stroller
- This double stroller is a fabulous option for parents looking for an inexpensive double stroller that is suitable for travel.
- This unit has a lightweight frame and soft comfort carrying handle.
- Its large canopy protects from the sun, wind, or rain.
- This stroller can recline easily for your child’s comfort, and it is easy to fold.
- It weighs about 19 pounds, and it meets most airline carry-on restrictions.
- This best stroller for airplane travel has a large cup holder for parents and two hanging storage bags.
- Each seat reclines independently for maximum comfort.
- The soft shoulder pad on the 5-point harness helps to keep your kids safely strapped in.
- It can fit through a 3-inch doorway.
10. JOOVY Twin Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller
- This is another budget-friendly double stroller.
- This best double umbrella stroller supports newborns to 50 lbs on each seat (100 lbs max weight).
- This joovy double umbrella stroller comes with 3-cup holders and 2 zipper storage pockets.
- The total weight of this double stroller is just 26 lbs making it ideal for airport travel.
- It is lightweight, easy to transport, and strong enough to give your kids maximum comfort.
- This double umbrella stroller for travel can easily fold down into a very compact package making it ideal to transport and perfect for airplanes.
- The fabrics are smooth to touch and very soft.
- This best umbrella stroller for travel is made from a durable polyester fabric that is easy to clean.
- It has a steel frame that is strong and sturdy.
- The padded grips are made of materials that hold up well.
- The wheels on this stroller are rugged enough to handle rough terrains.
- The seats are deep enough to accommodate your twins.
11. Baby Joy Double Lightweight Stroller
Baby Joy Double Lightweight Stroller is a lightweight double stroller, measuring around 18 pounds but it is durable enough to carry children up to 35 pounds of weight. This twin stroller is ideal for travel.
- It is equipped with a 5-point safety harness that can protect well your child to securely sit on.
- It comes with multiple extra-large storage bags that provide plenty of space, accommodate oversized diaper bags, toys, and other baby essentials.
- It features peek-a-boo mesh windows so that can still monitor your child and provide better airflow.
- This double stroller features a bottle holder that offers you much convenience for your baby to drink.
- It features a rear brake system for added protection and flexibility.
After reviewing all strollers, our top recommendation for the best double stroller for travel is the Jeep Destination Ultralight Side X Side Double Stroller. This lightweight double stroller is JPMA-certified specially made for travel.
Depending on the size of your double stroller, some airlines will allow you to check your stroller in while some airlines will let you take it on the plane.
This is why it is not always necessary to base your buying decision on whether your stroller will fit in the overhead compartment or not. However, if you don’t want your stroller to be checked in with the rest of your luggage make sure the stroller you go for is compact enough to fit in the overhead bin.
Choosing the best double stroller for travel must be taken seriously as two of your children will be riding in it. It is essential to choose a double stroller that is compact, lightweight, easy to maneuver and most especially, look for JPMA Certification.
Hopefully, this guide helped you choose the best double stroller for travel.