Best Handicap Commode Seats: As people get older and weaker, there would be a lot of things that’ll be difficult for them to do – including nature call business in a bathroom.
Getting up from the bed and walking yourself up to a bathroom is a difficult thing for an old person – and that’s why certain things make it easier for them to number 1 or number 2 – the commode seats.
Before differentiating all the commode seats on this page, the best handicap commode seats are the Platinum Health Ultra Commode seats. Aside from featuring adjustable height and can be folded for secure storage, this commode seat also features padded back and armrests. Extra-large toilet seat, and can be used as a shower chair.
Table of Contents
- Handicap Commode Seats – A Comparison Table
- What are commode seats?
- What to look for when buying the best handicap commode seats?
- Best Handicap Commode Seats
- Key References
Handicap Commode Seats – A Comparison Table
What are commode seats?
Commode seats are a type of furniture that is specially designed for an old or ill person – where they can use them as a toilet. It looks like a chair, but it features a container where one can pee or poop.
What to look for when buying the best handicap commode seats?
Buying commode seats for an ill or old or handicap person should be taken seriously and meticulously. So, we’ve listed down the features to look for when buying one. Here are the following:
- Adjustable height.
- Padded seat, armrests, and backrest.
- Extra-large or wide seat.
Best Handicap Commode Seats
Here are the top 6 models of commode seats on the market place today.
1. Vive Bariatric Commode
Vive bariatric commode provides a convenient solution to meet the needs of both an old or handicap person.
- This commode seat from Vive is lightweight and has a six-quart capacity pail with a lid and splash guard.
- It can be used as a standalone unit, as an elevated toilet seat from an existing toilet, and as a safety toilet rail frame.
- Vive bariatric commode can be easily folded for convenient and easy storage.
- It features easily adjustable height where you can lower or raise the height of the chair to safely accommodate any individual.
- It offers a durable & non-slip design where it includes non-marking, non-skid rubber cap on each leg for extra stability.
2. MedPro Homecare Commode Chair
The MedPro Homecare Commode Chair provides a convenient and safer toilet alternative for persons with reduced mobility.
- It features 7-position push button height adjustments to meet an individual’s needs.
- With MedPro homecare commode chair, you can easily use it as it features easy tool-free assembly.
- It comes with molded plastic armrests that provide added comfort & support at the same time.
- MedPro Homecare Commode Chair has a total capacity of 300 pounds or 136 kg.
- It features a versatile design that enables this commode seat to be used as a toilet safety frame or raised toilet seat.
3. Platinum Health Ultra Commode
Platinum Health Ultra Commode cannot only be used as a commode but also as a shower chair. It is designed for users who value quality, safety, comfort, and convenience.
- It features a premium foam padding where it will not absorb water, and the robust, heavy-duty aluminum frame will never rust.
- Platinum Health Ultra Commode features a soft, padded, warm seat base, armrests and backrest make it the most comfortable commode chair.
- Another great thing about this ultra-commode seat is that it features an extra-large seat where other brands of commode seats don’t have.
- It features an adjustable height seat for a perfect fit for everyone, and it includes free commode pail with a cover.
- It includes a medical-grade, rust-free aluminum frame and commercial grade construction for safe, reliable, long term reliability and durability.
4. Healthline Drop Arm Bedside Commode
Healthline Drop Arm Bedside Commode can be used in 3 ways – bedside commode, toilet safety frame, or elevated toilet seat.
- It features a padded seat that provides a comfortable place to rest on while seating and padded armrests indicate a safe place to grab, making sitting and standing easier.
- Healthline Drop Arm Bedside Commode comes with a padded open front vinyl toilet seat.
- With this commode seat, you only need to do the 4-step to assemble without using tools.
- It features an easy-to-release drop-arm mechanism that allows for safe lateral patient transfers to and from the commode.
- This commode seat from Healthline also allows a handicap person to use its removable back bar for a smooth transition, whether to use it as a bedside commode, raised toilet seat, or toilet safety frame.
5. PCP Raised Toilet Seat and Safety Frame
PCP Raised Toilet Seat & Safety Frame is specially designed for limited mobility, seniors, and the disabled.
- This medical-grade, lightweight, and portable toilet seat & safety frame can be portably moved between bathrooms and easy to remove when not in use.
- With PCP raised toilet seat & safety frame, you can easily adjust it according to the requirements and needs of the individual.
- It features a compact size that fits into a narrow bathroom, in between fixtures, and over a different toilet bowl shapes and rims.
- This toilet seat and safety frame from PCP features a lightweight design that can be used personally by feeble, infirmed, and weak recovering patients with limited strength.
- It also comes with a non-marring, vinyl handgrips and silencer rings in the tubing as well as reinforced tips for traction on the tile floor.
6. Mobb Home Health Care Toilet Seat & Toilet Frame
Mobb Home Health Care Toilet Seat & Toilet Frame is a universal fit on all standard toilets.
- This stable and robust toilet seat and frame are supported by steel hardware and the toilet bowl.
- Mobb Home Health Care Toilet & Toilet Frame is legless for easy floor cleaning walker maneuverability.
- It comes with an integrated toilet paper holder for such purpose.
- With this toilet seat & frame, you can easily adjust its height according to the person using it.
- It features padded armrests for a comfortable grip when sitting and standing from the toilet seat.
Out of all the commode seats mentioned above, the best one is the Platinum Health Ultra Commode. It features a lightweight design, outstanding seat width so that people in any size can use it, foldable, adjustable height, and padded armrests, and seat.
When buying the best handicap commode seat, make sure to choose the most comfortable and functional one as handicap people will use it. Hopefully, this page helped you a lot and gave adequate insights when buying the best commode seats.
- “Choosing toilet equipment and accessories | Disabled Living Foundation”. Accessed January 11, 2020. Link.
- “The effects of changing angle and height of toilet seat on movements and ground reaction forces in the feet during sit-to-stand”. Accessed January 11, 2020. Link.