Finding the best diaper pail for cloth diapers is a struggle. With disposable diapers, you will just throw it and dispose of the trash bag or liner at the end of the day – and that can’t be applied with cloth diapers.
Of all the cloth diaper pails sold in the market, the Dekor Plus Hands-Free Diaper Pail is the best choice on our list. Aside from providing ample storage for used cloth diapers, it also has a triple odor control and child safety lock systems - plus, it is also hand-free.
Table of Contents
- Best Diaper Pail For Cloth Diapers – A Comparison Table
- What are the pain points of using cloth diapers?
- How to Properly Maintain Cloth Diapers?
- What to look for in diaper pail for cloth diapers?
- Best Diaper Pail for Cloth Diapers
- Key References
Best Diaper Pail For Cloth Diapers – A Comparison Table
Using cloth diapers mean that you have a specific day for laundry day, and having a reliable cloth diaper pail is helpful.
What are the pain points of using cloth diapers?
Just like other things, though cloth diapers are more helpful to your baby and the environment compared to disposable diapers, they also have their pain points. Here are the following:
- You have to wash cloth diapers regularly and do it while the dirt is still fresh.
- During the nighttime, you have to check it to see if it needs to be changed since cloth diapers are not as absorbent as disposable diapers.
- It’s less sanitary if you fail to dispose of properly your baby’s and fail to wash the cloth diapers thoroughly.
- Cloth diapers can increase your utility bills over time.
- Of course, cloth diapers aren’t convenient especially when traveling.
Anyway, we can alleviate some of the common dirty cloth diaper issues by investing on the best cloth diaper pail. The best cloth diaper pail should seal the odor unlike regular laundry bags. In this guide, let’s review some of the best diaper pails for cloth diapers available in the market place.
How to Properly Maintain Cloth Diapers?
If you are new to cloth diapering, knowing how to maintain cloth diapers will be helpful for you. Here are the simple steps for washing the cloth diapers:
- If the cloth diaper has a poop, use a diaper sprayer to remove it.
- Toss cloth diapers into a dry pail then wash them off regularly or every other day.
- Pre-rinse the cloth diapers with water only without any detergent involved.
- Make sure to use a detergent that is suitable for washing cloth diapers.
- Choose between drying them using a dryer, hang dry, or do both.
What to look for in diaper pail for cloth diapers?
Cloth diaper pails are used to gather all stained and used cloth diapers in one place while reducing the smell. When choosing the best cloth diaper pail in the market, you will encounter that most brands claim that they are the best, but in reality, it still depends on what works for you.
Here are the features to look for in cloth diaper pails:
- Odor control.
- Ease of use.
- Child-safety lock feature.
- Lightweight design.
- Construction material.
Best Diaper Pail for Cloth Diapers
Here are the 5 best diaper pails for cloth diapers on the market today:
1. Dekor Plus Hand-Free Diaper Pail
Dekor Plus hands-free diaper pail features an effective, triple odor control that keeps the smell in the pail very well, so it is not an issue whether you wash the cloth diapers every two days.
- This cloth diaper pail is hands-free – no bending, no squishing, and no twisting.
- With this diaper pail from Dekor Plus, you can store a lot of used cloth diapers – suitable for two days or more, individually up to 60 diapers.
- Dekor Plus cloth diaper pail is made of closed-cell ABS plastic that is known to last forever since it will not develop rust.
- It features an efficient bag system – you can just cut and tie it off when ready for disposal.
- Dekor Plus hands-free diaper pail boasts a stylish and subtle design that will complement every room color and design.
- It has a child-safety lock feature so that your toddler cannot access it even if he knows how to venture on its own.
2. Busch Systems Odorless Cloth Diaper Pail
This odorless cloth diaper pail from Busch System contains an activated charcoal filter that keeps the stink in and lets the moisture out.
- With its snug fit and lockable lid, used cloth diapers are safe from your baby’s curious hands.
- It comes with a rounded edges design so that you can clean it more comfortable.
- Busch System, odorless cloth diaper pail, features a lightweight design so you can move it from one place to another around your house.
- Though this may look smaller than other diaper pails, you can store a lot of cloth diapers used for more than 2 days.
- Aside from the activated charcoal filters, this cloth diaper pail includes lockable lids to ensure a tight seal.
- Perfect for moms who are not yet sure which method to use – dry or wet, since this diaper pail can accommodate both.
3. Odorless Cloth Diaper Pail by Busch Systems
This odorless cloth diaper pail from Busch System features a carbon filter that lets air in a while keeping the odor from escaping the container.
- Busch Systems odorless cloth diaper pail is an eco-friendly diaper pail that can hold a 7-gallon capacity of cloth diapers.
- It is made of recyclable plastic, so it is safe for your baby and the environment.
- This cloth diaper pail features a wide opening design, making it easy for you to throw cloth diapers and dispose of the entire bag.
- It also features lockable lids to ensure that the odor doesn’t come out from the pail itself when closed.
- Busch Systems odorless cloth diaper pail boasts a lightweight design, making it easy to clean and move from one place to another within your house.
- This cloth diaper pail allows you to store cloth diapers for 1 to 2 days.
4. Safety 1st Easy Saver Diaper Pail
Safety 1st easy saver diaper pail does its job when it comes to storing used cloth without letting the odor out of the pail since it comes with a deodorizer cover to help control the odor.
- This cloth diaper pail from Safety 1st is perfect for moms who are looking for a budget-friendly yet efficient diaper pail for cloth diapers.
- It features a large capacity design that can hold used cloth diapers for days.
- Safety 1st easy saver diaper pail features one-step diaper disposal – no need to twist and turn.
- It is made of 100% premium plastic material that doesn’t develop rust, so you can assure that it is long-lasting.
- It comes in a neutral color and design that can complement any room color.
- This cloth diaper pail features a lightweight design so you can move it to a nursery or kitchen.
- Safety 1st easy saver diaper pail works for storing cloth diapers in dry or wet methods.
5. Munchkin Step Diaper Pail
Munchkin Step diaper pail is the only diaper pail that includes the best odor control for used cloth diapers and sleek design to blend in any room color.
- It features additional odor control protection, the Puck Baking Soda Cartridge, to control unwanted smell adequately.
- This cloth diaper pail comes with a step pedal, so you don’t need to use your hand when storing used cloth diapers in a diaper pail.
- It includes a self-sealing system that twists the refill tight on its own each time you close the lid to eliminate the odor completely.
- This diaper pail for cloth diapers features a childproof locking system to keep out of reach of your toddler.
- Munchkin Step Diaper pail works with both rings & snap and seal & toss refill bags.
- It is made of plastic material to ensure durability, allowing you to use for years in cloth diapering.
After reviewing the 5 different cloth diaper pails, we pick Dekor Plus Hands-Free Diaper Pail as the best one. Aside from coming completely assembled and hands-free, it features a triple odor control system, lightweight design, child safety lock feature, and spacious design.
Diaper pails are handy, especially for moms who are using cloth diapering methods for their little ones.
As a part of using cloth diapers, one of the responsibilities of parents is to store the diapers properly – without smelling in your entire house.
When choosing the best diaper pail for cloth diapers, make sure that it has an odor control system, child safety lock feature, spacious, comfortable to use, and hands-free for hygienic purposes.