Best Books On Potty Training For Parents: The concept of potty training is excellent though it might be difficult for both moms and toddlers. First-time mom or not, there comes a time that teaching your kids with only your words will not work at some point, but there must be a way or tricks to do the potty training.
There are many ways on how to learn from it, but using the best books on potty training is one of the efficient ways to do it.
For the best book on potty training for parents, we highly recommend the Easy Peasy Potty Training: The Busy Parents' Guide to Toilet Training with less Stress and Less Mess.
- This book is easy to follow and understand.
- It provides detailed information from the concept of potty training to tips on what you need to do after you're successfully done with potty training your child.
- These techniques are very efficient and straightforward to implement.
Table of Contents
- What is potty training?
- What is the best age for potty training boys?
- What is the best age for potty training girls?
- Best Books on Potty Training for Parents
- Oh Crap! I Have a Toddler: Tackling These Crazy Awesome Years – No Time-outs Needed
- Potty Training in 3 Days: The Step-by-Step Plan for a Clean Break from Dirty Diapers
- The Complete Guide to Potty Training: The Step-by-Step Plan with Expert Solutions for Any Mess
- I’m the Potty Master! (Easy Potty Training in Just Days
- Where’s the Poop?
- Potty Superhero: Get Ready for Big Girl Pants!
- Boy’s Potty Time
- Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
- The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative
- Potty Training: How to Potty Train, Your Child in Just 3 Days
- Easy Peasy Potty Training: The Busy Parents’ Guide to Toilet Training with less Stress and Less Mess
- The Foolproof Potty Training System: The 3 Day Potty Training Bootcamp that Will Make Your Child Say Goodbye to Diapers for Good!
- Potty Training Book for Parents: The Easiest Way to Potty Train Boys & Girls
- Toilet Training Without Tantrums
- Key References
What is potty training?
Potty training or “toilet training” is the way of training a toddler on how to use the toilet properly for defecation as well as urination. While your toddler is in the process of potty training, he or she will not only know how to use the toilet, but the amount of diaper usage will also lessen.
What is the best age for potty training boys?
Healthy children are not yet ready physically & emotionally to toilet train until they’re between 18 months and 3 years old. However, boys tend to be prepared a few months later, compared to girls.
So, for parents who their children are boys, push them too hard to potty train earlier.
What is the best age for potty training girls?
Your precious little girl may be ready to potty train as early as 18 months – but not all toddlers are equal. She may not be ready to use a potty until she’s 4.
However, most parents with little girls start potty training between 2 and 3 years old.
Best Books on Potty Training for Parents
Oh Crap! I Have a Toddler: Tackling These Crazy Awesome Years – No Time-outs Needed
Jamie Glowacki is the author of this funny, frank, and authentic Oh Crap! I have a toddler.
- This book will not only give you a piece of knowledge on how to do the potty training in the right way but also helps you understand your toddlers’ behavior – honest and straightforward.
- This book provides real-life situations that any parent can relate, so everyone can understand it clearly.
- Straightforward & relatable.
- Easy to understand.
- No nonsense approaches.
- Helps you understand toddlers’ behavior.
- Free audiobook.
- Real-life situation & solutions.
Potty Training in 3 Days: The Step-by-Step Plan for a Clean Break from Dirty Diapers
Potty training in 3 days is a step-by-step plan for a clean break from dirty diapers.
- This book is by Brandi Brucks, and it is filled with expert advice that solves thousands of situations.
- Potty Training in 3 Days book makes it easy to teach and guide your little one how to start using the toiled in the right way.
- It includes detailed instructions with complete practical advice until you fully trained your child well.
- It doesn’t only include what you should do in 3 days but also what you need to do after it.
- Step-by-step plan in 3 days.
- Filled with expert advice.
- Detailed instructions.
- Practical advice/solution.
- Useful tips & tricks.
- Quick and easy to read.
- Kind & conversational approach.
The Complete Guide to Potty Training: The Step-by-Step Plan with Expert Solutions for Any Mess
The Complete Guide to Potty Training is your all-in-one resource for personalized potty training that works – and that was founded by Michelle D. Swaney.
- As a mom of 3, Michelle D.
- Swaney has been expertise the potty training, and she’s now ready to guide others as potty training can also be overwhelming.
- This book answers all the questions you have in your mind when it comes to potty training and helps you understand the behavior of your toddler.
- It will also build your confidence in what you are doing.
- The Complete Guide to Potty Training covered all that you must do and what you need to avoid when it comes to potty training, making it more helpful to you and your child.
- Expert advice from a potty-training expert & mom of 3.
- Includes 5-step basic potty-training plan.
- Expert advice for potty training problems.
- Ask-a-parent feature.
- Well-written & very comprehensive.
- Written by the CEO of The Potty School & potty-training consultant.
- Rational, non-judgmental, and evidence-based book.
I’m the Potty Master! (Easy Potty Training in Just Days
I’m the Potty Master! is a potty-training book by Liz Fletcher – where it features an elephant hero know as “Louie”.
- This book will help every parent out there to learn how to give their children the courage that they need to quickly conquer a new phase in their lives without causing stress or overwhelm.
- It solely focuses on igniting curiosity, along with motivation when it comes to facing a specific transition.
- With Louie’s little lessons, parents will learn how to help their child to start using toilets on their confidence and courage in a fun & inspiring adventure.
- Easy to understand and read.
- Includes illustrations for better understanding.
- Encourages both parents and child for an easy transition.
- Contains situations & solutions.
- Features an elephant superhero where you can show to your child for encouragement.
- Focuses on igniting curiosity & motivation.
Where’s the Poop?
Where’s the Poop? book is an engaging, sweet, and funny where it also shows that children and all the creatures have a place to poop.
- It is also an informative and playful book at the same time that teaches parents how to reinforce the concept of potty training to their child while gaining confidence as well.
- Though this book is a great and huge help for parents to teach their child how to potty-train, it can also be used for reading stories as it is a flipbook.
- Weet & funny book.
- Informative yet playful.
- Flap book – great for children storytime too.
Potty Superhero: Get Ready for Big Girl Pants!
This book was founded and published by Paragon Books with the thought in mind that every little superhero needs to use the potty – she just needs to know where to go.
- Potty Superhero will teach you the ways on how to help your little superhero explore the idea of using a potty as she makes the potty training journey toward wearing big girl pants.
- It is an adorable book that was illustrated by Mabel Forsyth so that parents can show it to their child to help with potty training.
- This book will not only help parents on how to encourage their children to use a potty but also advises on the potty training.
- Encouraging book.
- Fun illustration.
- Helps parents on how to motivate their children.
- Explore the idea of potty training.
- Before & after potty training advice.
- Easy to follow.
- Real-life scenarios & illustrations.
Boy’s Potty Time
Potty training has never been easy – and it was no fun. But parents need to teach their children how to do it properly.
- With this potty training book for boys, your handsome toddler will know how to use the toilet in no time – of course, with your guidance, understanding, and motivation.
- To make the potty training journey extra fun and meaningful, it comes with a sticker where you can give to your child if he does a good job every step of the way.
- Motivates both parent and child.
- Relatable examples.
- Easy to understand & read.
- Features stickers to give to your child.
- Introduces potty training in precise illustrations.
- Explains potty time very well.
Stress-Free Potty Training: A Commonsense Guide to Finding the Right Approach for Your Child
Stress-Free Potty Training is a unique book about potty training for parents.
- This potty training book starts with the idea of educating the parents that each child is unique and different from one another – from developments to the right approaches.
- This book distinguishes every type of personality so that parents can find the proper method to train their children.
- To know which kind of personality your child has, it begins with a simple quiz so you can decide which method to take.
- A unique book for potty training.
- Explains well the idea of potty training.
- Step-by-step plan.
- Less stressful process.
- Starts with knowing your child’s personality.
- Features emotional & behavioral concepts.
The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative
Christine Gross-Loh is the author of this not-your-standard potty training book.
- The Diaper-Free Baby potty training book is for parents who want to potty-train their children at an early age.
- In this book, the technique of elimination communication is used – where it has the plus of getting your little kid potty trained at a very young age.
- Unlike other books, who are only for kids that are quite difficult to potty trained, this book addresses, part-time, full-time, and occasional followers of the said method.
- To make this book and its approach believable, it features different testimonials from actual readers and followers.
- Not a typical potty training book.
- Uses EC (elimination communication) method.
- For parents who want to potty-train their child at a very early age.
- Includes testimonials from actual followers.
- Identifies common struggles.
- Problem-solving tips.
- Encourages new parents who are new to the method.
Potty Training: How to Potty Train, Your Child in Just 3 Days
Potty Training: How to Potty Train Your Child in Just 3 Days by Swaney Jennifer Nicole Dr.Johnson is a book that helps parents potty train their children in 3 days.
- This book will not only teach parents the ways or steps to potty train your child in easy ways but will explain everything that parents need to know.
- From do’s and don’ts to advise and solutions, your child’s potty training with you will be more comfortable and less hassle.
- To prepare both of you in potty training, this book will explain first the concept of it, some useful information, and ways on how to conquer the problems that might occur in potty training.
- Includes toilet tactics.
- Potty training tips.
- Significant information.
- Explains well the concept of potty training.
- Includes do’s and don’ts.
- Efficient potty training in 3 short days.
Easy Peasy Potty Training: The Busy Parents’ Guide to Toilet Training with less Stress and Less Mess
Most parents are having a hard time potty-train their children – and that is normal. To lessen the stress and mess of potty training, Julie Schooler made a book for potty training your toddler called Easy Peasy Potty Training.
- From the title itself, this book is easy to follow as it includes a step-by-step process to toilet-train your little one – without a fuss.
- If you think that you are wrong at some point, this book will help you make solutions to it – and answers your questions about potty training.
- From making decisions to what you will need for potty training, all the things you need are in this book.
- Helps you decide on such situations.
- Easy to read, follow, and understand.
- Step-by-step process.
- Helps you make decision.
- Provides answers to all your questions.
- Includes shopping lists for potty training needs.
- Tips on preparation tasks.
- 3-stage process approach.
- Informative & non-confusing.
The Foolproof Potty Training System: The 3 Day Potty Training Bootcamp that Will Make Your Child Say Goodbye to Diapers for Good!
Potty training is one of the most dreadful and patience-consuming tasks of toddler years. But with the right information and tool, potty training will be successfully done without a hassle.
- The good news is, there’s this book by Jessica Ross called The Foolproof Potty Training System that will help you teach your child potty train and say goodbye to diapers for good in just 3 days.
- This book covers relevant and important topics to be discussed before training your child, how to train your child while gaining confidence and being comfortable, practical guide to potty training from the first day to the final step, and many more.
- Detailed concept of potty training.
- Provides preparation before training your child.
- Easy to understand & read.
- Encourages your child to potty train with confidence.
- Includes answers to all sort of potty training issues.
- Tips & strategies.
Potty Training Book for Parents: The Easiest Way to Potty Train Boys & Girls
Time will come that you need to potty-train your child – and if you are not sure of how to do it properly or how you can help him or her, some books will help you.
- Potty Training Books for Parents is a potty training book that will help you teach your child correctly on how to use the toilet.
- This book covers all the topics so you can feel confident in potty training your child.
- Potty Training Book for Parents will explain everything thoroughly the entire concept of potty training to giving you solutions to different scenarios.
- Also, this book will help you give your child adequate confidence that he or she needs throughout the process.
- Explains very well the concept of potty training.
- Covers all topics related to potty training.
- Provides answers & solutions.
- Motivates you and your child.
- What you need to do & to avoid.
- Detailed book & easy to read.
- Helpful & useful for first-time moms.
Toilet Training Without Tantrums
Toilet Training without Tantrums is a toilet training book by nationally recognized expert John Rosemond put an end to the idea that potty training must be a complicated, stressful, and emotionally draining event for both parents and toddlers.
- This book was not written in the usual perspective of a psychologist, but with common sense and based on actual experience and perspective of a grandparent and a parent of two.
- It is helpful, funny, and revealing – in which the method used in this book is proven and tested.
- The author, John Rosemond, covers everything from how-to and providing solutions to real-life situations and proper encouragement.
- No non-sense advice.
- Proven and tested method used.
- How-to topics.
- Troubleshooting issues & successful testimonies included.
- Common sense potty training.
- Easy to implement.
Of all the books on potty training for parents listed above, we picked the Easy Peasy Potty Training: The Busy Parents' Guide to Toilet Training with less Stress and Less Mess by Julie School.
This practical and easy-to-read book will guide you on how to train your child to toilet-train from the beginning up to no diapers needed for good - plus all information is non-confusing.
- “Potty training: How to get the job done – Mayo Clinic”. Accessed November 30, 2019. Link.
- “Toilet training: when and how to do it | Raising Children Network”. Accessed November 30, 2019. Link.
- “Toilet Training (for Parents) – Nemours KidsHealth”. Accessed November 30, 2019. Link.
Wow, thanks so much for the lovely review of my book. Four years on from writing it and I still get feedback from people all the time who tell me how much it has helped them potty train their child. It is such a thrill to know my book is out in the world helping parents at this confusing time.
Thank you Julie, for stopping by & leaving your comments.