Best Diaper Pail For Twins: Changing diapers is part of everyday life when you have twin babies. Using more diapers means frequent refills and stronger odors. However, buying the best diaper pail for twins will make your life easier. It will help to keep the odor checked and make segregating your trash easier.
Our top pick for the best diaper pail for twins is Playtex Diaper Genie Complete Assembled Diaper Pail. This unit can hold up to 270 diapers, and it features a carbon filter and airtight clamp that helps to lock in the odors.
Table of Contents
- Twins Diaper Pail Comparison Table
- What to Look for When Buying the Best Diaper Pail for Twins?
- Top 5 Best Diaper Pail for Twins
Twins Diaper Pail Comparison Table
What to Look for When Buying the Best Diaper Pail for Twins?
Choosing a diaper pail for your twins can be quite intimidating. Here are some factors you have to consider when buying a diaper pail.
With twins, the number of diapers you will be using will be doubled.
- So, you need to find a large capacity diaper pail that can hold enough diapers at least for a day.
- For odor and hygiene, it is always better to empty the pail daily.
- It is important to note that the bigger the size of your diaper, the lesser the diaper pail will hold.
B) Type of Diaper
The type of diaper you use is a significant factor to consider when shopping for the best diaper pail for twins.
- There are two types of diapers – disposable diapers and cloth diapers.
- A ‘dry’ diaper pail is the best for cloth diapers because they are lined, so it makes washing them more manageable.
- There are also ‘wet’ diaper pails which allow you to soak your cloth diapers before washing them.
- Plastic diaper pails are the best for disposable diapers.
- They are typically rigged with a device or liner that helps to reduce the odor from the soiled diapers.
- Some plastic diaper pails work with usual thrash bags while others require special bags.
C) Odor Control
Another important factor to consider when shopping for the best diaper pails for twins is odor control.
- This is the main distinguishing factor between a diaper pail and an ordinary trash bin.
- Odor control mechanisms differ from one diaper pail to another.
- Some diaper pails have advanced technologies that help to lock the odor in the pail while others require a particular type of filler or products to control odor effectively.
D) Secure Lid
A secure lid will help to keep the odor from the soiled diapers from spreading to other parts of the house.
- Some kids are easy to open, which makes the disposing of the diapers easier.
- However, these types of kids are unsafe for kids, especially for toddlers who are always curious about everything around them.
- Toddlers might also fall in or climb into the diaper pail and may be unable to go out.
- So, it is crucial to choose a diaper pail with a lid that is easy to open for you but harder to open for your kids.
E) Easy Open
When you have twins, both of your hands will not always be available. This is especially true when they start to get more active.
- So, a diaper pail that is easy to open is a great choice.
- There are diaper pails with motion sensors that open immediately the hand hovers it.
- However, they are usually on the expensive side.
- Alternatively, you can go for those with a foot pedal which opens once you step on the pedal and closes once you let go.
This is a great factor to consider, especially when you are on a budget.
- Apart from the price of the diaper pail, you should also consider the price of the refills.
- This will add to the overall cost of buying and maintaining the diaper pail.
- It is important to choose a product that gives you real value for your money and will also last you through many uses.
Top 5 Best Diaper Pail for Twins
1. Playtex Diaper Genie Complete Diaper Pail
When it comes to diaper pails, Diaper Genie is a leading name. However, is it better for twins? Let’s explore the features of this diaper pail.
- The Playtex Diaper Genie Complete Diaper Pail is a champion in controlling odors as it comes with a built-in carbon filter which helps with odor control.
- The airtight clamp and microbial filters help to keep the odors from spreading to other parts of the room.
- This diaper pail can hold up to 270 diapers, which makes it great for twin babies.
- The foot pedal that comes with this unit will ensure you don’t have to open it with your hands.
- The foot pedal also eliminates unnecessary bending when disposing of the diapers, which is excellent for the back.
- The reasonably large opening at the top makes getting the diaper to go inside easy. This feature is especially helpful when you are holding your baby.
- It comes with a built-in cutter that makes changing the storage bag a breeze.
2. Ubbi Steel Diaper Pail
The next diaper pail for twins is the Ubbi Steel Diaper Pail. It is made from powder coated steel, and it is at the high end of the price range.
- Unlike most diaper pails, this unit does not use proprietary bags. This helps to save money in the long run as you can use the regular garbage bag with it.
- It features an intuitive design that does not require any hands-free foot button.
- It has a specially designed opening that makes depositing diapers easy.
- It comes with a covered rim that helps to keep the garbage bags from ripping.
- Its steel construction helps to trap odors, so the smell doesn’t leak outward.
- The Ubbi Diaper Pail can hold up to 50 diapers at a time, making one of the best diaper pails for twins.
- The childproof safety lock helps to keep out nosy toddlers.
- It comes in a wide variety of color options to suit your preference.
- This diaper pail has won many awards for its innovative design.
3. Playtex Diaper Genie Complete Assembled Diaper Pail
The next diaper pail for twins is from Playtex. The Playtex Diaper Genie Complete Assembled Diaper Pail is ready to be used straight out of the box as it is already pre-assembled.
- It comes with a full-sized refill which gives you value for your money.
- It comes with an airtight clamp that helps to lock the refill securely when you close the pail. This helps to keep the odor from coming out.
- It also comes with a built-in odor controlling antimicrobial that helps to seal in odors and inhibit bacteria growth.
- The carbon filter at the top of this unit helps to capture smells before they sneak out.
- The front tilt bin and built-in cutter make changing the bag easy.
- The 7-layer refill bag had an impressive capacity as it can hold up to 270 diapers, making it great for twins.
- The foot pedal on this diaper pail allows for a hygienic and hands-free way to dispose of your baby’s diapers.
4. Dekor Plus Hands-Free Diaper Pail
If you like the design of the Dekor Classic Diaper Pail, you will love the Dekor Plus Diaper Pail as it offers you the same smart design and odor fighting power but has a larger capacity. It is perfect for parents with twins.
- The triple odor control mechanism helps to lock the gross smells of the diapers in the pail and out of the air.
- It can hold up to 60 diapers and uses only compatible refill bags.
- Its extra space makes it the perfect diaper pail for cloth diapers as they take up more space than disposable diapers.
- It features a trap door that makes the disposing of your baby’s diapers easier.
- It is a genuinely hands-free diaper pail, and you don’t have to touch it when you want to open or close it.
- The Dekor Plus Hands-Free Diaper Pail has a sleek design, and it is available in 7 different colors.
5. Munchkin Diaper Pail
The Munchkin Diaper Pail combines a sleek design with the best in class odor control and the best suitable for twins.
- This unit is lined with lavender-scented baking soda, which helps to absorb the smell from soiled diapers.
- It features a self-sealing lid that locks the bag every time you deposit a diaper. This allows for complete odor elimination.
- The side door allows for convenient and quick removal of full bags.
- The Munchkin Diaper Pail has a child-proof locking system that helps to keep your kids from opening the pail.
- It is ready to use almost immediately as it comes fully assembled.
- It can take up to 30 diapers at a time.
- Its large capacity, self-sealing lid, and odor control mechanism makes it a convenient diaper pail for twins.
In almost every way, the twin is a blessing except when it comes to changing their diapers. Buying a large capacity diaper pail will save you from having to empty it daily. A diaper pail will help to keep your house feeling fresh and make caring for your twins less stressful.