Best Rectal Thermometer For Babies: Thermometers are one of the most important baby essentials because you don’t know when your babies will get sick. This device will get the temperature of your child. However, if your baby is younger than 3 years old, using a rectal thermometer will give you the most accurate reading.
Our top recommendation for the best rectal thermometer for infants is Enji prime Thermometer. It is specially designed to use for getting an accurate and fast rectal temperature.
Table of Contents
- Why Use Rectal Thermometer?
- How to Take a Rectal Temperature for Baby?
- Is Rectal Thermometer Safe for Babies?
- Can Rectal Thermometer Relieve Constipation in Babies?
- Does Rectal Thermometer Hurt Babies?
- Best Rectal Thermometer For Babies
- iProven Rectal Thermometer for Babies
- Vicks Baby Rectal Thermometer
- Kinsa Smart Thermometer
- Kamsay Digital Medical Thermometer for Baby
- iProven Upgraded Algorithm Thermometer
- Jasun Rectal Thermometer
- OCCObaby Clinical Digital Baby Thermometer
- Enji Prime Thermometer
- Adoric Digital Medical Thermometer
- White Coat Digital Thermometer
- Vicks ComfortFlex Digital Thermometer with Fever Insight Technology
- Wetong Digital Medical Thermometer
- Thermyth Digital Thermometer
- Prooral Baby Thermometer
- Key References
Why Use Rectal Thermometer?
If your baby feels warm or you doubt that he is not on his normal body temperature, then it’s ideal for taking his temperature.
- This might be a simple way, but if you don’t have any idea about types of thermometer, this might new to you.
- There are different types of thermometer and ways on how to use each of them.
- Taking temperature orally or putting it in his armpit will not give you an accurate reading.
- If you want to know the temperature of your baby at the best reading, using rectal thermometer will help you in the situation.
How to Take a Rectal Temperature for Baby?
Taking your baby’s temperature using a rectal thermometer might sound different, unlike taking temperature orally or putting in an armpit. However, this procedure needs to be done carefully. Here’s how to take a rectal temperature n your baby:
- Make sure that the thermometer is clean before using it.
- Put an adequate amount of petroleum jelly on the end of the thermometer that comes in a metal bulb.
- Position your baby on his stomach, or you can hold his two legs up near his ears while he is on his back.
- Ensure that you will stabilize him so that he does not wiggle that much.
- Insert the rectal thermometer slowly and surely inside his anus about ½ inch.
- Hold still the thermometer gently and steady.
- Wait for the beep then you can now pull out the thermometer.
Is Rectal Thermometer Safe for Babies?
Using a rectal thermometer to get the accurate temperature of your baby is advisable for 3 years of age and below.
- However, for babies 3 months old and under, you have to see a doctor.
- Given the fact that only ½ inch of the metal bulb of the thermometer will be inserted and with all-out cautiousness and carefulness, a rectal thermometer is safe for babies.
- As a parent, you have to ensure that you will supervise your child throughout the process to avoid any incidents.
Can Rectal Thermometer Relieve Constipation in Babies?
Constipation is normal in babies, and it is quite challenging to deal with it.
- If your baby is experiencing this situation, there are many home remedies you can do – and of these is taking a rectal temperature.
- Using a rectal thermometer may help your baby to come out the poop, and it should be out within 24 hours.
Does Rectal Thermometer Hurt Babies?
With only 1/2 inch of the metal bulb to be inserted, a rectal thermometer will not hurt your baby.
- Furthermore, make sure to use a rectal thermometer with a short probe to avoid any risks and never use a thermometer with mercury to prevent toxic substance.
Best Rectal Thermometer For Babies
Here are the best baby rectal thermometers on the market today:
iProven Rectal Thermometer for Babies
This digital, rectal thermometer from iProven is an accurate thermometer that is easy to use when you need to know the body temperature of your baby – with just 10 seconds of reading.
- It is designed to be comfortable; that’s why it comes in a flexible tip, making it gentle and soft to use for your little ones.
- This rectal thermometer will not irritate and won’t keep you and your baby waiting as it will get your baby’s body temperature in 10 seconds.
- iProven rectal thermometer is waterproof and easy to clean.
- This digital rectal thermometer for babies features different smileys to indicate how severe the fever is.
- This rectal thermometer from iProven is clinically tested, features alarm when it’s done, and the measurement can be switched from °F to °C.
Vicks Baby Rectal Thermometer
Vicks Baby Rectal Thermometer provides accurate reading and comes with an intentionally small tip to avoid over-insertion.
- With this vicks rectal thermometer, it will provide you reliable and accurate body temperature in just 10 to 15 seconds.
- Vicks baby rectal thermometer will show you first what your last reading was before allowing you to use it again after you turned it on.
- Once the temperature reading is done, the screen of this rectal thermometer from Vicks will light up.
- This best rectal thermometer for infants comes in a compact design that’s easy to hold, and short probe helps guard against over-insertion.
- It is excellent for moms who are new to take rectal temperature as the shortened tip will serve as a guide to them.
Kinsa Smart Thermometer
Kinsa Smart Thermometer has been extensively tested and cleared by the FDA, and it has met the ASTM and ISO standards for professional accuracy.
- Though this large rectal thermometer may require you to use the Kinsa application for initial set up and smart features, you can still use the thermometer without the application.
- With only 8 seconds, you can accurately get the rectal temperature of your child.
- This best rectal thermometer for newborn comes in a flexible comfort tip, making it gentle and soft to use on your baby.
- This baby rectal thermometer features a large backlit display to see the temperature reading easily.
- This smart thermometer from Kinsa is pediatrician-recommended for all life stages, including newborns and ideal to use not only for rectal but also for oral and underarm readings.
Kamsay Digital Medical Thermometer for Baby
The next best rectal thermometer for baby is from Kamsay. This Kamsay Digital Medical Thermometer offers fast and reliable reading for only 10 seconds to ensure that your baby will not get hurt.
- This newborn rectal thermometer comes with a soft, flexible tip, and this comfortable medical thermometer won’t poke or chafe your baby’s sensitive skin.
- With its large lighted display, you will see the HD read-out on its large LCD screen display.
- This digital rectal thermometer from Kamsay is approved by the FDA for safety and accuracy.
- It features beeper alert, waterproof and mercury-free design, fever alarm, and auto shut off, ensuring that it is safe you’re your little one.
- Additionally, this rectal thermometer comes with a free hard case and extra battery for long-term use.
iProven Upgraded Algorithm Thermometer
This upgraded algorithm thermometer from iProven have undergone clinical testing and gives you an accurate reading in only 10 seconds.
- This infant rectal thermometer features a waterproof tip that makes it easier for you to clean it or disinfect it every after use.
- iProven upgraded algorithm thermometer comes with a flexible tip so that your baby will be comfortable with it for rectal reading.
- This fast rectal thermometer features fever indicator with smileys that will show you at a glance whether your little one has a fever or not.
- This best infant rectal thermometer comes with free hard case and extra batteries for long-term use.
- This rectal thermometer allows you to change the temperature degree from Fahrenheit to Celcius.
Jasun Rectal Thermometer
This next best infant rectal thermometer is from Jasun. Jasun rectal thermometer provides precise measurement and is also certified and approved by CE and FDA for safety and accuracy.
- It comes in a mercury-free design, so it not harmful and no danger for your child in case the thermometer is damaged.
- This rectal thermometer features a soft and flexible tip to ensure that it is gentle and comfortable to use on your baby when getting a rectal temperature.
- With its large LCD backlit display, you can clearly and quickly see the temperature of your little one.
- Jasun rectal thermometer assures that your baby will not get hurt and irritated once you get his rectal temperature because, with only 10 seconds fast, you can get the accurate temperature.
- For easy cleaning and storage, this rectal thermometer from Jasun is waterproof for proper sanitation and hygiene.
OCCObaby Clinical Digital Baby Thermometer
OCCObaby clinical digital baby thermometer is specially designed for babies when getting a rectal and oral temperature.
- Within just 10 seconds, you can get the accurate rectal temperature of your little one.
- OCCObaby baby thermometer thinks seriously about the safety of your child that’s why it comes with soft, gentle, and flexible tip.
- This best newborn rectal thermometer from OCCObaby is waterproof for easy cleaning, secure storage, and proper hygiene.
- This OCCObaby thermometer features a large display, auto shut off, and fever alarm for easy use.
- This digital rectal thermometer comes with a free hard case and an extra free battery so that you can use it for a long-term.
Enji Prime Thermometer
This premium digital thermometer from Enji Prime provides an accurate and fast reading of the rectal temperature in just 10 seconds.
- This rectal thermometer for babies comes in a waterproof design, which makes it quick and easy to clean after each use without affecting its accuracy and effectiveness.
- It allows you to easily change the measurement degree from Fahrenheit to Celsius with just one press of a button.
- Enji Prime thermometer features beeper alarm to know when the reading is done and a plastic storage case for protection.
- This thermometer comes extra probe covers to use to prevent spreading bacteria and germs.
- It comes with free useful home remedies e-book that is loaded with valuable solutions to help heal common ailments.
Adoric Digital Medical Thermometer
This rectal thermometer from Adoric comes in a blue and white color combination that is specially designed for babies to get accurate rectal temperatures as well as oral and axillary.
- This medical rectal thermometer features automatic shut off in ten minutes after use and also includes battery and hard case.
- The flexible sounding part excluding the LED display is waterproof, meaning you can rinse off the probe directly with water after use for proper hygiene.
- With its large LED display, you can easily see the rectal temperature of your little one.
- This best thermometer for infant from Adoric allows you to view the last temperature once you turned it on.
- It features a beeper alert so that you will be notified after 10 seconds of reading.
White Coat Digital Thermometer
This easy-to-use rectal thermometer from White Coat allows you to get rectal temperature accurately and fast.
- With only 10 seconds of reading the rectal temperature, your child will not surely get irritated and hurt.
- If the temperature is 100-degree Fahrenheit, this rectal thermometer will alarm as an indication that your child has a fever.
- It features a soft, flexible tip to ensure that your child is comfortable when you are taking his rectal temperature and will not get hurt.
- With this thermometer from White Coat, you can review, recall, or see the last reading you made.
- White Coat digital rectal thermometer comes with a free carrying case, and 30 additional probe covers for added safety.
Vicks ComfortFlex Digital Thermometer with Fever Insight Technology
The Vicks ComfortFlex Digital Thermometer with Fever Insight Technology makes testing rectal temperatures fast, easy, and comfortable.
- It comes with Fever Insight Technology that lights up 3 different colors according to the temperature of your little one.
- As fast as 8 seconds, you can get the accurate rectal temperature of your little one.
- This thermometer features a flexible tip to make it comfortable when getting the rectal temperature on your baby.
- It allows you to recall the last reading when you turned it on so that you can review it even if you forgot the reading.
- With its large screen display, you can easily see the reading or temperature of your child.
Wetong Digital Medical Thermometer
This digital medical thermometer from Wetong has an optimized algorithm that allows you to make the most accurate fever measurements in 20 seconds for rectal temperature.
- It features a waterproof tip design so that you can easily clean it every after use.
- It comes with a free hard case for more hygienic care and so that the thermometer will not get damaged or broken.
- With it’s highly-convenient, large LCD display, you can easily read the rectal temperature of your precious one.
- The soft and bendable tip of this thermometer makes it easier for you and your baby when getting his temperature – especially on the rectum.
- It features a beep alarm to know when the time’s up, and you can get the accurate reading.
Thermyth Digital Thermometer
This Thermyth digital thermometer features a flexible tip that is also waterproof so that it will be more hygienic for rectal use.
- With its waterproof design, you will be able to clean it easily as you can directly rinse the metal bulb directly into the water.
- This thermometer offers 1 minute of reading temperature and assures that is it accurate and dependable.
- It features fever alarm so that you will be notified if your baby has a fever.
- This rectal thermometer for babies comes with a soft and flexible tip so that your baby will not get hurt or irritated when you are getting his rectal temperature.
- Thermyth digital thermometer features low battery indicator to know when it’s time to change the battery and automatic shut off to save battery consumption.
Prooral Baby Thermometer
Prooral baby thermometer features a superior microchip mode tip that works well not only with rectal use but also for oral and armpit use.
- With its big-sized LCD and backlight design, you will see the accurate reading temperature.
- It is specially designed with a soft flex tip, which makes it non-slip, comfortable, and easier to hold.
- This thermometer offers waterproof design so that you can easily wash it off directly into the water after use.
- It features fever alarm so that you will know quickly if the temperature of your little one is high.
- As fast as 8 seconds, you can get the accurate rectal temperature of your baby.
After reviewing all the products listed above, our best pick for the best rectal thermometer for babies is from Enji Prime. Aside from giving you a fast yet accurate reading of your baby's rectal temperature, this thermometer can be washed off easily directly to the water because it is waterproof.
It comes with a beeper alarm so that you will know if it reached the 10-second reading time. Lastly, the best thing about this Enji Prime thermometer is that it's approved by both CE & FDA for accuracy and safety.
- “Thermometer basics: Taking your child’s temperature – Mayo Clinic”. Accessed September 28, 2019. Link.
- “How to Take a Child’s Temperature – HealthyChildren.org”. Accessed September 28, 2019. Link.
- “Thermometers: Types | Cleveland Clinic”. Accessed September 28, 2019. Link.