Best Disposable Diapers That Are Biodegradable: Disposable diapers accumulate a huge portion of the trash that is being collected every year in the whole wide world. These disposable diapers have a seriously adverse effect not only to the people but also to the environment. It doesn’t break well – and it takes more or less 500 years to fully decompose – and that’s why there are biodegradable disposable diapers.
Our top recommendation for the best biodegradable disposable diapers is from Bambo Nature. These diapers are not only great for daytime use but also great for heavy wetters, especially during sleeping time.
Table of Contents
- What are biodegradable disposable diapers?
- Advantages of Biodegradable Diapers
- Best Biodegrable Disposable Diapers
- Eco Boom Baby Bamboo Biodegradable Disposable Diapers
- Little Toes Disposable Biodegradable Bamboo Diapers
- Bambo Nature Eco-Friendly Baby Diapers
- The Honest Company with TrueAbsorb Technology Diapers
- Mum & You Nappychat Eco-Friendly Diapers
- Bambo Nature Eco-Friendly Premium Baby Diapers for Sensitive Skin
- Earnest Mom Premium Bamboo Diapers
- Kit & Kin Eco Diapers
- Huggies Special Delivery Hypoallergenic Diapers
- Pampers Pure Disposable Diapers
- Dewor Baby Premium Bamboo Diapers
- Babyganics Ultra Absorbent Diapers
- Happy Little Camper Ultra Absorbent Premium Natural Diapers
- Aden + Anais Disposable Diapers
- Key References
What are biodegradable disposable diapers?
Promoting to be eco-friendly and green is a great thing not only to our environment but also to parents as well – and that means that you have another option to keep your child healthy. Biodegradable disposable diapers are diapers that include no chemicals to keep your baby safe – and do less damage to our environment. Manufacturers of biodegradable disposable diapers use organic and healthier materials, so they don’t harm our environment – and these diapers are free from the following:
Advantages of Biodegradable Diapers
It is believed that from being a newborn baby until fully toilet-trained, children use around 5,000 diapers. If you have no time to wash off cloth diapers – there are biodegradable disposable diapers that you can use for your babies. Here are the advantages of using them:
- Since these disposable diapers are made of organic materials, they are great for your baby’s delicate and soft skin.
- They can quickly degrade well plus they don’t settle on our earth’s soil and result in landfills.
- Your baby’s skin will not be irritated and cause diaper rashes because it includes no harmful chemicals.
- Biodegradable disposable diapers are more convenient to use than using cloth diapers – throw them away after use instead of soaking and washing.
Best Biodegrable Disposable Diapers
Here are the best disposable diapers that are biodegradable.
Eco Boom Baby Bamboo Biodegradable Disposable Diapers
Eco Boom diapers are made of 100% biodegradable bamboo fabric that does not cause pollution to the earth.
- Aside from being made of biodegradable bamboo fabric, these bamboo diapers from Eco Boom are also wrapped with D2W bag – which is also known as a biodegradable material that completely decomposes in 18 months.
- It is made of a bamboo back sheet that allows fresh air to circulate and keep your baby’s delicate skin dry and healthy.
- Eco Boom Bamboo diapers are made without any chemicals such as latex, PVC, TBT, and antioxidants – only biodegradable materials.
- It features a Germany super-absorbent core that has a tremendous absorbing performance to lock moisture away.
- These diapers feature a super diffusion layer to keep your baby’s skin dry and prevent rashes.
Little Toes Disposable Biodegradable Bamboo Diapers
Little Toes disposable bamboo diapers are produced from renewable sources of bamboo fibers, protecting your baby’s delicate skin without adding to the landfill heap.
- Each diaper from Little Toes is highly absorbent to ensure that it locks moisture away, keeping the skin dry.
- These diapers feature a snug comfy fit to protect baby’s sensitive skin and prevent leaks.
- Little Toes disposable bamboo diapers are made without chlorine, alcohol, phthalates, and latex.
- It features stretchable waistband and leg gathers to ensure that your baby will be comfortable at all times.
- Each diaper comes with a cute and beautiful print that is suitable for both baby girl and baby boy.
Bambo Nature Eco-Friendly Baby Diapers
This classic, eco-friendly diapers from Bambo Nature are made of sustainable materials to minimize the risk of getting allergy and diaper rashes.
- Each diaper is ultra-absorbent and perfect for both day & night use.
- It features plush, super soft, and non-woven back sheet to protect the baby’s sensitive skin.
- These disposable diapers are free of harmful chemicals and scents, ensuring your baby’s safety.
- Bambo Nature diapers have earned the Danish Asthma and Allergy certification, Nordic Swan Ecolabel, and FSC certification.
- All diapers from Bambo Nature are certified free of all known allergens or substances that are classified as sensitizing, irritating, mutagenic, and carcinogenic.
The Honest Company with TrueAbsorb Technology Diapers
The Honest Company with TrueAbsorb Technology diapers are made with naturally derived and sustainable materials, and they’re gentle for your baby’s precious skin.
- It comes in a super-soft liner with an ultra-comfortable cloudlike liner to ensure the comfortability of your baby.
- It features a TrueAbsorb Technology that holds 17x its weight in fluid for advanced leak protection.
- Each diaper from The Honest Company comes with sure-fit leg cuffs and a tight elastic band.
- These biodegradable diapers are dermatologist tested and are hypoallergenic to prevent diaper rashes.
- It is made without latex, chlorine, lotions, and fragrances.
Mum & You Nappychat Eco-Friendly Diapers
Featuring a biodegradable core, these eco-friendly diapers from Mum & You make sure to protect your baby’s skin from harsh chemicals.
- It features a super absorbent core that locks moisture away from your baby’s skin and guards against leaks for up to 12 hours.
- Each diaper comes with a biodegradable core, zero glue, and less wood pulp compared to other diapers.
- These diapers are free from harsh chemicals and made using wood pulp from sustainable forestry.
- It features umbilical notch cutout, soft & breathable fabric, and super-stretchy sides.
- Aside from being biodegradable diapers, the packaging is made of raw materials – making it biodegradable from diapers to packaging.
Bambo Nature Eco-Friendly Premium Baby Diapers for Sensitive Skin
Bambo Nature Eco-Friendly Premium Baby Diapers for Sensitive Skin are produced with sustainable and eco-friendly manufacturing processes while making sure that they are free of harsh chemicals.
- It is specially designed for babies with the most sensitive skin to minimize the risks of getting allergies and diaper rashes.
- Each diaper from this brand is all ultra-absorbent and perfect to use for both daytime and nighttime.
- It features a wetness indicator so that parents will be warned if it is time for a diaper change.
- Bambo Nature Eco-Friendly Premium Baby Diapers are certified skin-safe, dermatologically tested, and free of locally known allergens, perfumes, and other harmful chemicals.
- This diaper brand has already accumulated certifications from Nordic Swan Ecolabel, Asthma-Allergy Denmark, FSC, and EcoCert, ensuring that all diapers are safe for both babies and the environment.
Earnest Mom Premium Bamboo Diapers
Earnest Mom Premium Diapers are made of 100% bamboo fiber sheets on both sides of the diaper – these bamboo sheets provide outstanding breathability & comfort while being 100% biodegradable.
No products found.
- It features high-performance absorbent core and moisture-wicking properties to prevent rashes.
- Each bamboo diapers comes with an aloe liner to keep the skin of your baby smooth and hydrated.
- To ensure a flexible fit and protected from wetness, it features an elastic waistband and stretchy side panels.
- These bamboo diapers provide superior leak protection with chlorine-free wood pulp and come with a wetness indicator.
- All diapers have gone through rigorous testing to ensure that these diapers are the safest to use for your baby.
Kit & Kin Eco Diapers
Kit & Kin Eco Diapers are made of sustainable resources to ensure that it will not harm your baby’s health, skin, and our environment.
- This multiple award-winning diaper brand comes in a hypoallergenic formula to ensure that baby’s with the most sensitive skin can wear it.
- It features a super absorbent core with natural chlorine-free pulp that has been harvested from sustainably managed forests.
- Each diaper comes with a high-tech absorbent core that lasts up to 12 hours, and the securely fitting soft moisture barrier cuffs help prevent any leaks for drier babies.
- It comes with a soft waist and elastic side panels to adjust with your baby’s body shape.
- Kit & Kin Eco Diapers are vegan, cruelty-free, and not tested on any animals – plus it is made without any chlorine, lotions, latex, fragrance, phthalates, most common allergens, organotins, and brighteners.
Huggies Special Delivery Hypoallergenic Diapers
These diapers from Huggies Special Delivery are made with sustainable materials to protect not only your baby but also the environment.
- With Huggies’ combination of performance and premium softness, each diaper will help keep your baby’s skin comfortable and healthy.
- It features Leak Lock System that locks away moisture for up to 12 hours, making your baby feel dry and comfortable.
- It comes with a soft outer layer that provides maximum breathability and a wetness indicator that changes color when it is wet.
- These diapers are made with sustainable materials – Plant-derived GentleAbsorb Liner and elemental chlorine-free as well as sustainably harvested fluff pulp.
- It is made without any harsh ingredients – paraben-free, lotion-free, fragrance-free, and chlorine-free.
Pampers Pure Disposable Diapers
Pampers Pure Disposable Diapers are made with premium cotton, soft plant-based fibers, and other thoughtfully selected materials to ensure the safety of your baby and our mother earth.
- Each diaper from Pampers Pure is made with no chlorine bleaching, lotion, parabens, fragrance, and EU 26 allergens.
- These diapers are all gentle and soft on baby’s skin and hypoallergenic so that all babies, even with the most delicate skin can use it.
- It features a super absorbent core that offers up to 12 hours of leakage protection for happier babies.
- It is made with 100% certified renewable electricity and sustainably sourced wood pulp.
- It comes with a wetness indicator to quickly know when it’s time to change diapers.
Dewor Baby Premium Bamboo Diapers
Dewor Baby Premium Diapers are made of bamboo fibers that are gentle not only to your baby’s skin but also to the environment because bamboo fibers have a high breaking tenacity.
No products found.
- Aside from having a high breaking tenacity, bamboo fibers have better moisture-wicking properties and absorption.
- These diapers are soft, breathable, and your baby will be comfortable while wearing them.
- It features a thin yet absorbent core that will leave your baby dry instantly without the bulk.
- It comes with natural aloe liner to minimize the risk of diaper rash and keep your baby hydrated and moisturized.
- It is made without dyes, alcohol, preservatives, lotions, latex, PVC, fragrance, TBT, chlorine, lead, and antioxidants.
Babyganics Ultra Absorbent Diapers
Babyganics Ulta Absorbent Diapers are made with only plant-derived materials to make sure that it is safe to use for babies while helping the environment.
- These diapers are one of the most affordable biodegradable disposable diapers on the market today and formulated with NeoNourish Seed Oil Blend.
- Babyganics Ultra Absorbent Diapers are free of fragrances, chlorine, latex, and petroleum-based lotions.
- It features a highly-absorbent core that is made with only plant-based materials.
- The side panels of each diaper are soft, stretchable, and breathable to free your baby from any movement.
- It comes with a wetness indicator that will remind parents to change their baby’s diapers.
Happy Little Camper Ultra Absorbent Premium Natural Diapers
Happy Little Camper Ultra Absorbent Premium Natural Diapers are specially designed for gentle, healthy baby life and help keep our environment safe from harmful chemicals.
- It features ultra-absorbent and fast-absorbing bio-core blend made does FSC certified wood pulp that naturally keeps the baby’s skin dry and free from irritations.
- These diapers are all hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested with soothing Aloe Vera plus vitamin E to protect babies even with the most delicate skin.
- With its soft, re-adjustable side tabs, contoured leg cuffs, and ultra-thin lightweight design, these diapers prevent leaks and allow ease of mobility.
- It is made with natural cotton and natural ingredients without harmful chemicals.
- It comes with a non-bulky and lightweight design that won’t weigh down your baby.
Aden + Anais Disposable Diapers
Aden + Anais Disposable Diapers are made with fluff pulp sourced from 100% sustainable resources to degrade easily compared to regular disposable diapers.
No products found.
- Each diaper is comfortable to wear, snug, and flexible fit with adorable prints.
- It comes with a secure-fitting moisture barrier with a super-absorbent core providing advanced leak protection, keeping your baby dry and comfortable both night and day.
- It is made without any chlorine, lotions, latex, fragrances, lead, and heavy materials.
- These diapers are lined with an extra silky, soft top sheet and feature stretchable side panels.
- The inks used to create their stylish prints contain no lead or any heavy metals.
Out of all the 14 biodegradable disposable diapers listed above, our top winner is Bambo Nature Eco-friendly baby Diapers.
- With its ultra-absorbent core and non-woven back sheet, your baby will surely feel comfortable while wearing it.
- Featuring no harmful chemicals used to produced these diapers, your baby will not be prone to allergies and diaper rashes.
- The the best part of this diaper brand is that it accumulated different certifications such as Danish Asthma & Allergy Certification, Nordic Swan Ecolabel, and FSC Certification.
When buying the best biodegradable disposable diapers, you have to ensure that there are no harmful chemicals present in the formula – because it might affect your baby’s skin and doesn’t decompose well and may result in a bad impact to the environment.
To fully know if the diaper brand is genuinely biodegradable, it is safe to understand and ensure that it accumulates different certifications.
Hopefully, this review helped you decide which product is the best one when it comes to biodegradable disposable diapers.
- “What is eco friendly | Global Ecolabelling Network”. Accessed September 30, 2019. Link.
- “FAQs about Bambo Nature”. Accessed September 30, 2019. Link.
- “The Blue Label – Astma Allergi Danmark”. Accessed September 30, 2019. Link.
- “Nordic Ecolabel | Nordic Ecolabel”. Accessed September 30, 2019. Link.
- “Become Certified | Forest Stewardship Council”. Accessed September 30, 2019. Link.