Best Umbrella Stroller for Tall Toddler: Do you have a tall toddler that has overgrown your current stroller? Or a tall toddler that sometimes still wants to ride in a stroller? Perhaps your home is far from the school, and your toddler can’t walk the whole distance, and you sometimes need a stroller.
Our top pick for the best umbrella stroller for tall toddlers is the Jeep North Star Umbrella Stroller. It features a safety harness, extendable canopy, can carry big kids up to 40 lbs, and the one point that makes it the best from other brands is because of being JPMA Certified – meaning it is safe for children even with taller ones.
Table of Contents
- What To Look For?
- Best Umbrella Stroller for Tall Toddler Reviews
- 1. Baby Joy Lightweight Stroller
- 2. Summer Infant 3Dlite Convenience Stroller
- 3. Costzon Lightweight Umbrella Baby Stroller
- 4. Jeep North Star Stroller
- 5. Infans Lightweight Baby Umbrella Stroller
- 6. Baby Trend Lightweight Stroller
- 7. GB Pockit Lightweight Stroller
- 8. Chicco C6 Stroller
- 9. Baby Trend Lightweight Stroller
- 10. Summer Infant 3D-one Convenience Stroller (Flint Grey)
- 11. UPPAbaby G-LITE Stroller
- 12. Peg Perego Pliko Mini Umbrella Strollers
- 13. EVEZO Lightweight Umbrella Stroller
- 14. GB Pockit Stroller
- 15. MacLaren Techno XLR Stroller
- 16. ZOE XLI Best V2 Stroller
- Key References
Regardless of the reason, you need an umbrellas stroller for your tall toddler. This ultimate guide will help you to make the right choice. All parents want their kids to be as comfortable as possible in their strollers but finding the right one can be difficult.
Umbrella Strollers are very useful to moms, especially who have big and taller toddlers. Children may vary according to size and height even though they are in the same age and so as moms. Not all mothers can carry their toddlers if they are tired of walking – especially when at malls, supermarkets, etc. Thanks to strollers, going outside with kids is not that difficult and hassle.
It is important that the stroller is comfortable and not one that will leave your toddler cramped and whining for freedom.
What To Look For?
Umbrella type strollers are the most basic and handy strollers. To know what brand of an umbrella stroller is the best among all brands, it is wise enough to look at the things you need to consider to identify the best one.
Here are the following criteria when buying umbrella strollers for tall toddlers or big kids.
- Sitting Height
- Weight capacity
- Lightweight stroller for tall toddler
- Safety harness
- Reclining positions
- Cargo Room
- Canopy size
- JPMA Certified
- Sturdy Wheels
Best Umbrella Stroller for Tall Toddler Reviews
1. Baby Joy Lightweight Stroller
The first umbrella stroller for tall child is from Baby Joy. Baby Joy is a brand of lightweight umbrella stroller that’s totally a real-life helper for parents. The canopy design provides children an excellent cover to avoid raindrops and sunlight.
- This umbrella stroller from Baby Joy offers great collapsibility and it is lightweight, even a young mom can carry it with her baby in her other arm.
- It includes a large mesh basket that is perfect for trips with your baby.
- When it comes to safety, it features a 5-point harness and just one key to release it.
- Baby Joy Lightweight Stroller provides flexible wheels that can be easily moved in any direction.
- Though this is a lightweight umbrella stroller, it is made of a heavy-duty Aluminum frame that can be used for several years.
2. Summer Infant 3Dlite Convenience Stroller
3Dlite stroller from Summer Infant is one of the lightest and features rich convenience on the marketplace.
- This best umbrella stroller for tall child from Summer Infant can be easily folded and includes carry strap for on-the-go trips.
- 3Dlite stroller features an easy-to-recline seat that is perfect for both napping and diaper change.
- This stroller for tall child includes a 5-point harness that can be adjusted easily to 3-height positions as your baby grows older.
- With its extra-large storage basket, you can put a lot of baby needs and oversized diaper bags.
- Summer Infant 3Dlite stroller features a large canopy that is specially designed to protect your baby’s skin from sunlight.
3. Costzon Lightweight Umbrella Baby Stroller
Costzon umbrella stroller is the perfect choice if you love to travel with your little one in a comfortable way.
- This light-weighted umbrella stroller from Costzon features an extended canopy as well as a rear hood for additional protection.
- This best stroller for tall kids comes with a comfortable seat that is equipped with a safety belt to ensure the safety and security of your child even when wondering, sitting, playing, and sleeping.
- It comes with 360 degrees swivel lockable front wheels and rear wheels with brakes for convenience and safety.
- This stroller for tall toddler features a 5-point safety harness and backrest adjustment belt for a comfortable experience.
- This umbrella stroller can be easily folded and carry within just a matter of seconds – perfect for traveling.
4. Jeep North Star Stroller
Jeep North Star Stroller is specially designed to be smart, safe, and sleek for every modern family.
- The back of this stroller is covered with mesh so that the air will still circulate normally and keeps your little one comfortable in any kinds of weather.
- It comes with a padded seat to provide baby’s cushioned comfort.
- This stroller for tall kid comes with European style canopy that can be extended and with sun visor to protect your baby from harmful rays.
- It features a 3-point safety harness, headrest, calf support, and footrest.
- Jeep North Star stroller comes with removable, carry-all organizer to store your baby’s essentials.
5. Infans Lightweight Baby Umbrella Stroller
Infans Lightweight Baby Umbrella Stroller is specially designed for early childhood to toddler years – and can be carried easily for on-the-go trips.
- This best lightweight stroller for tall toddler from Infans is suitable and ideal for 6 months up to 36 months.
- It features a 5-point safety harness that comes with a double-lock construction to make sure that your baby is safe all the time.
- This umbrella stroller for toddler is made from aluminum alloy materials that are known to last long for several years.
- This tall umbrella stroller features an adjustable canopy to keep out the direct sunlight for your little one; it can also be removed and clean easily.
- This best umbrella stroller for tall toddler can be reclined in 4 levels to position your baby accordingly and comfortably.
6. Baby Trend Lightweight Stroller
If you are seeking a simple and lightweight stroller that is perfect for traveling, then consider this Baby Trend stroller.
- This umbrella stroller for tall kids features a 5-point safety harness to ensure that your baby is always safe and secured.
- It comes with a ribbed handle for easier steering as well as parking brakes.
- Baby Trend Lightweight Stroller folds compactly for travel and storage – and comes in two color options.
- It features a detachable canopy that is ideal for keeping your baby out of harmful elements.
- This best umbrella stroller for toddler includes two cup holders, small pocket, organizer tray, and storage basket.
Canopy is too short to protect the child from sunlight
7. GB Pockit Lightweight Stroller
GB Pockit stroller is the perfect umbrella travel stroller for tall kids.
- It is specially designed for urban parents who are out and about with their kids.
- Although it is light and small, it is sturdy and made of durable materials.
- It has plenty of leg room that makes it comfortable for tall toddlers.
- It has a storage basket under the seat where you can keep your essentials.
- It has pivoting and lockable front wheels that make it easy to maneuver.
- This stroller is also convenient to navigate and push through narrow places like restaurants, shopping aisles, and crowded sidewalks.
8. Chicco C6 Stroller
Chicco C6 Stroller is a lightweight umbrella stroller made of aluminum.
- This chicco c6 lightweight stroller has a 5-point harness system that makes it suitable for tall toddlers.
- The folding mechanism is simple and straightforward to use.
- The lockable front swivels and all-wheel suspension ensures you have a smooth ride.
- This chicco c6 umbrella stroller comes with a travel-friendly bag and a carry strap.
9. Baby Trend Lightweight Stroller
The next umbrella stroller for a tall toddler is a super lightweight stroller ideal for day trips or travels.
- It has a 5-point harness system and a comfortable grip handle.
- It has a large shade canopy that provides your child with all the protection they need.
- The large storage basket is perfect for keeping all your kids’ essentials.
10. Summer Infant 3D-one Convenience Stroller (Flint Grey)
This umbrella toddler stroller is an affordable option packed with lots of features.
- This big umbrella stroller sports a stylish aluminum frame that makes it incredibly lightweight and durable.
- It is easy to fold, and it comes with a convenient carry strap.
- This umbrella stroller comes with a 5-point safety harness that ensures a secure and safe ride.
- It has a storage basket and some storage pockets that are conveniently located.
- The durable wheels have an anti-shock, front suspension that provides your child a smooth ride.
- It has a front swivel wheel that locks in place.
- This travel stroller for tall toddler has a multi-position recline feature that is easy to adjust.
- The 5-point safety harness can be easily adjusted to three height positions.
11. UPPAbaby G-LITE Stroller
The next best umbrella stroller from UPPAbaby is specially designed for tall toddlers.
- It has a large seat and an adjustable handle height.
- The Uppababy stroller is easy to steer with one hand, and it can stand alone when folded.
- This reclining umbrella stroller allows the stroller to recline to 120° from an upright position.
- This umbrella stroller with tall handles has an aluminum frame, and it is lightweight.
- This big kid umbrella stroller has a decent sized easy to access storage basket where you can keep your kids’ essentials.
- This toddler umbrella stroller comes with an extra long canopy and sun visor that protects your kids from the harmful sun rays.
12. Peg Perego Pliko Mini Umbrella Strollers
This compact sized and lightweight umbrella stroller offers great freedom to parents of tall toddlers.
- It is easy to fold, and it can fit in most vehicles’ trunk.
- This best lightweight stroller for toddler has an adjustable leg rest and a backrest that reclines in 3 different positions.
- The locking front wheels and suspension wheels with swivel makes this stroller easy to maneuver.
13. EVEZO Lightweight Umbrella Stroller
This is a lightweight umbrella stroller with a contouring design that provides stability and comfort.
- This evezo lightweight stroller has a durable steel frame that is made to last long.
- The seat is adjustable making it perfect for tall toddlers.
- It has a full-size canopy that blocks harmful UV’s from getting your toddler.
- This tall toddler stroller has a front collision safety bar and a 5-point safety harness for your kids’ safety.
- It has mesh-net storage where you can keep your child’s essentials.
14. GB Pockit Stroller
The next best umbrella stroller for large toddler is from GB Pockit; thanks to its roomy seat!
- It weighs only 13lbs, and it is easy to fold and carry.
- This super light umbrella stroller has a big and rounded canopy that does the job of protecting your child well.
- It has a reclining backrest so your preschooler or toddler can easily take a nap while riding on it.
- The GB Pockit is perfect for a smooth surface, and you can quickly push it with just one hand.
- This umbrella stroller for larger child can easily fit in narrow store aisles or crowded airport.
15. MacLaren Techno XLR Stroller
MacLaren Techno XLR Stroller is one of the biggest umbrella strollers on the market.
- This toddler umbrella stroller has a wide, large, and well-padded seat for the utmost comfort of your tall toddler.
- It is lightweight, and it comes with a carry strap that makes it easy to carry around.
- This lightweight stroller for large toddler also comes with a wind resistant rain cover, head hugger, winter boot, and shoulder pads.
- The extendable canopy has a built-in sun visor for extra protection.
- This stroller for tall kids has 4 adjustable seat positions that make it comfortable to ride.
- This maclaren stroller for tall toddler can also fully recline, and it has an extendable leg rest.
- The 4 big wheels with suspension make it easy to steer.
16. ZOE XLI Best V2 Stroller
The big kid travel stroller is one of the cheapest umbrella strollers for tall toddlers.
- It opens and folds up seamlessly so when you are in a restaurant, train, or museum you won’t have any problems with storing and closing it.
- This best stroller for tall toddler has a nicely padded seat with deep recline.
- The seat is also spacious, and it has a lot of headroom for tall kids.
- This best umbrella stroller for big kids has a small wheel suspension that makes it easy to steer in sidewalks, pavement, and indoor surfaces.
Our top recommendation for the best umbrella stroller for tall toddler is the Jeep North Star Umbrella Stroller. It features a 3-point safety harness, headrest, calf support and extendable canopy and it is ideal for big kids up to 40 lbs.
Parents with tall toddlers have enough problems to deal with, one of which is finding the best umbrella stroller that can fit their kids comfortably without their legs getting crammed into footholds or leaving their feet to drag on the floor as you push them around.
Having the measurement of your child’s height and sitting height on hand can help you find the perfect stroller that will suit their needs.
- “What Does the JPMA Certification Seal Really Mean? – Consumer Reports”. Accessed July 28, 2019. Link.