Potty training can be intimidating and messy for many parents but finding the perfect potty chair for your boy child is key to their confidence, comfort, and ultimate success.
Our top pick is the ‘Summer Infant My Size potty trainer'. This best potty seat for boys makes transitioning from a potty chair to the real deal smoother. It looks like the porcelain toilet adults use and it has a handle that makes a flushing sound when you press it down. We love the movable splash guard and the built-in wipes compartments that help to keep everything neat.
Potty chairs are portable, and they are easy for your child to move to any room in the house. Also, you can take them on trips to help reduce the odds of accidents.
Training potty chairs help to foster a more natural position as it allows the child’s feet to touch the floor. It gives your child a feeling of independence, and it makes the toilet less scary.
Table of Contents
- Best Potty Chairs for Boys Comparison Table
- Should I choose Potty Chair or Potty Seat?
- What to Look for Potty Chair for Boys?
- Review of the Best Potty Chairs for Boys
Best Potty Chairs for Boys Comparison Table
Should I choose Potty Chair or Potty Seat?
There are two choices when it comes to potty training seats, namely training potty seat and the potty chair.
- The potty chair comes with an inner basin and splash guard, which can be quickly emptied. The advantage of the potty chair is that the baby under 3 years old can use it independently because it is kept on the floor rather than on the toilet itself. The downside of a potty chair is that you have to clean out the basin after each use.
- With best potties, you don’t have this problem of emptying anything since the potty seat sits on top of a regular toilet seat. The biggest drawback is that adult needs to help the little ones to make them sit on the seat or you can buy a stepstool separately to make them sit on their own.
So most parents go for the potty chair first to let the toddlers get used to it. As they get comfortable and grow bigger, slowly graduate them into the potty seats on a regular adult toilet bowl.
What to Look for Potty Chair for Boys?
With so many potty chairs on the market, it is easy to get confused about which one is best for your child. Here are some important factors to consider when shopping for kids potty chair.
A) Fit and Size
The best potty for boys come in different rim sizes and heights, so it is essential to go for the one with a good fit. Your child will probably feel uncomfortable if his bottom is barely covering the inside rim. Buying a potty with the right size will allow your child’s both to sit solidly and comfortably on the seat with his feet firmly on the floor.
B) Splash Guards
When potty training a boy you can reduce the number of times you have to clean up by going for a potty chair with a splash guard. You should select the one that is high enough to help keep his pee in the potty, but it is not too tall that it will be tricky for him to sit down on the potty by himself.
C) Extra Features
Some potties come with additional features like flushing sounds, songs, lights, and sound effects. These extra features could increase your son’s interest especially if he were the one who picked the potty with a magical wand reward song or the one with a race car flushing sound.
Other features are a built-in toilet paper holder that gives your child easy access to his own roll. A compartment for toys and books so he has some entertainment while waiting to go.
D) Ease of Emptying
With potty chairs, you will have more work to do so it is important you choose a potty chair that is easy to remove and clean. You can check product reviews online or the product’s exterior to see the number of steps required to empty and clean it.
Some potty chairs require that you disassemble it every time while others are a one or two-step process.
Review of the Best Potty Chairs for Boys
1. Summer Infant My Size Potty Training Toilet (Recommended)
- This best toddler toilet seat has a built-in white compartment that parents can use to store wet wipes for easy cleaning.
- It has splash guards that prevent your child pee from creating a mess.
- It has a tank where parents can store some reading materials.
- This best potty training seat for boys has a handle that makes a realistic flushing sound when you push it.
- It has a lid seat that flips up and down.
- This best potty training toilet has a bowl that comes out for easy cleaning.
2. PRIMO 4-in-1 Soft Seat Toilet Trainer
- This boy potty chair is very versatile, and it makes the process of transitioning from potties to the water closet easy.
- The rubber pad underneath this product helps it to remain stable during usage.
- It has a height appropriate for most toddlers, and it is big enough to accommodate bigger kids.
- This best potty training potty has a lid that can also serve as a backrest to prevent the child from falling off.
- These best potty chairs are comfortable to sit on as it is made of rubber.
- It has a handle that serves as a support when you use it as a seat reducer.
- The removable part which doubles as the travel potty is small enough to be carried along on a travel trip.
3. BabyBjorn Potty Chair
- This best training potty for boy has a high back and armrest that makes it comfortable for your child to sit on.
- Also, this best potty chair has a splashguard that works to keep everything neat by preventing unwanted spills.
- It is made with BPA-free plastic.
- It has a super easy to clean design.
- The rubber edging along the bottom helps to keep it firmly on the floor.
- This boys potty chair has plenty of room for your child’s legs making it easy for them to sit down and stand up.
The inner potty is comfortable to take out and clean. ^It has a smooth plastic design with no grooves or corners, so it helps to prevent dirt buildup.
4. First Years Training Wheels
It looks like a race car, and it is a great way to attract your child to the toilet.
- You can use this best potty seat as a standalone potty or as a toilet seat for your older children.
- You can also use it as a standing stool when the lid is closed.
- This potty chair for boys have a rubber bottom that makes it stable.
- The first years training wheels are made from quality plastic.
- This best potty training toilet seat has a high splash guard that ensures there is less mess you have to clean up.
- The non-slip grips and security handle on this product makes it very safe.
- These best potty training seats feature a lift out pot that makes cleaning easy.
5. Summer My Size Potty Train Chair
- The realistic design will help the toddlers to transition to the regular toilet since this potty chair resembles the adult toilet.
- This best potty training toilet seat comes with a realistic flush sound to reward the potty trainees a job well done for encouragement.
- The removable potty foamy seat can be removed from the potty chair and then placed onto the regular toilet seat to make a smooth transition. The topper comes with a hook that can be used to hang it in the toilet.
- Also, the potty chair for boys feature a wipe compartment within arm’s reach to promote healthy habits.
- Most importantly, this ‘My Size Train and Transition’ potty chair includes a removable flip-up lid, splash guard, and easy clean basin with an integrated pour spout, making it easy to empty and clean.
Choosing the best potty chair for your boy child is an essential task as the right one can help him train faster, making the process more enjoyable.
The potty chairs we have selected are not perfect just like everything else in life, but they are stable and sufficient for the tinkle and beautiful bowels of your child.