Aloe Vera For Diaper Rash: We know that Diaper rash is an uncomfortable and painful skin condition that every newborn goes through. There are several home remedies for diaper rash.
Our top recommendation for the best aloe vera gel for diaper rash is Aloe Soothing Gel. This organic aloe gel has 92% real gel from the plant in the purest form available.
In this page, we will explore if aloe vera can be used for diaper rash and how effective it will be in treating the diaper rash.
Table of Contents
Can you use Aloe Vera for Diaper Rash?
Yes, aloe vera is definitely good for diaper rash – thanks to its anti-inflammatory component, infection-fighting properties, and vitamin E. It is 100% organic and safe even for babies with delicate skin.
In general, there are many home remedy treatments for treating diaper rash. Regardless of what treatment options you try, consider the following key points:
- Keep the diaper area clean and dry.
- Make sure that the proper ventilation or airflow gets into the diaper rash area.
How to apply aloe vera for diaper rash?
Generally, Aloe vera gel is used in treating the sunburn. However, it can be an effective and soothing for diaper rash as well.
- After the bowel movement, clean and dry your baby.
- Then apply a thin layer of aloe vera gel to the affected area.
- You may use the aloe vera gel from the plant, or you can buy a bottled aloe vera gel from the local pharmacy or grocery store.
What is Aloe Vera?
Aloe vera, or commonly known as a wonder plant, is used in food, cosmetics, food supplements, and home remedies such as treating diaper rash.
Aloe vera works best to soothe and prevent diaper rash.
- Aloe vera is available as a plant leaf which you can buy from your local grocery store. This is much preferable because you’re getting the gel directly from the plant itself.
- If you can’t find the plant version, then you can opt for the aloe vera gel version from online stores.
Why is it good for diaper rash?
Aloe vera is 100% pure and organic substance that provides lots of benefits, including soothing and treating diaper rash. With its anti-inflammatory content, vitamin E, and infection-fighting properties, aloe vera works great for diaper rash.
What to look for in buying aloe vera?
When buying an aloe vera, make sure that it is picked directly from the plant.
However, if you choose to buy an aloe vera gel from the market, here are the following things to look for:
- Percentage of aloe vera.
- Shorter shell-life – fewer preservatives used.
- Thin consistency.
How long does aloe vera need to be used?
Since aloe vera is organic, you can continuously use it for your baby’s skin, especially when treating skin irritations and burns. Using aloe vera will keep your baby’s skin hydrated, soft, and moisturized.
Are there any side-effects of using aloe vera?
Aloe vera is 100% safe to use for both babies and adults. There are no known common side effects upon using it when treating diaper rash.
Other Diaper Rash Treatment Options
- Can you use Vaseline for diaper rash?
- Can you put Neosporin on diaper rash?
- Can you use Aquaphor for diaper rash?
- Is Coconut oil good for diaper rash?
- Is Constarch good for diaper rash?
- Olive oil for diaper rash?
- Bag Balm on diaper rash
- Witch hazel for diaper rash
- Antifungal cream for diaper rash
Our top choice for the best aloe vera gel for diaper rash is Aloe Soothing Gel. This power-packed aloe gel is certified by California Certified Organic Farmers with 92% raw gel from the plant.
When the home remedies or the over-the-counter treatment options do not work, and the diaper rash worsens, immediately talk to your pediatrician. Your baby may need a prescription for anti-fungal medication cream to combat the diaper rash.
- “Definition of anti-inflammatory agent – NCI Dictionary of Cancer Terms – National Cancer Institute”. Accessed September 02, 2019. Link.