BEST Flushable Wipes For The Septic System: Wipes have many uses and truly helpful, especially when you’re on a trip or a mall. Before, wipes were only disposable. Until recently, there were flushable wipes in the market. These flushable wipes are genuinely amazing and much helpful compared to disposable ones.
Our top pick is the Scott Flushable Wipes. It is made from sustainable materials, doesn't contain any chemicals, hypoallergenic, and most importantly, it comes with SafeFlush Technology, which guarantees the safety of septic systems.
Table of Contents
- What to look for when buying the best flushable wipes?
- Advantages of Flushable Wipes
- Top 10 Best Flushable Wipes For Septic System
- 1. Scott Flushable Wipes
- 2. Cottonelle GentlePlus Flushable Wipes
- 3. Stall Mates Flushable Wipes
- 4. Kandoo Flushable Cleansing Wipes
- 5. Charmin Freshmates Flushable Wet Wipes
- 6. Cottonelle FreshCare Flushable Wipes
- 7. Babyganics Flushable Baby Wipes
- 8. Member’s Mark Flushable Wipes
- 9. Kirkland Signature Moist Flushable Wipes
- 10. BioFlush Flushable Wipes
- Key References
What to look for when buying the best flushable wipes?
Looking for the best flushable wipes for a septic system is not all about SafeFlush Technology. You should also look for wipes that will not harm or irritate your skin like being labeled as “alcohol-free“. Here are the things to look for when buying the best wipes for a septic system:
- Alcohol-free and perfume-free.
- SafeFlush Technology symbol.
Advantages of Flushable Wipes
Flushable wipes do break down quickly after flushed in the toilet, which is excellent for the environment as it doesn’t take too long to decompose like non-flushable wipes. Here the advantages you will get from using flushable wipes:
- Can be used for personal and surface cleaning.
- Safe for septic and sewer systems.
- Perfect to use when on a trip or malls.
- Meet your personal hygiene standards.
- Ideal if there is no running water available.
- Break down easily.
Top 10 Best Flushable Wipes For Septic System
1. Scott Flushable Wipes
These Scott Flushable wipes are designed to break down easily after flushing to avoid clogs in the septic system.
- Scott flushable wipes are made from 100% plant fibers and totally flushable.
- It will start to break down as soon as you flush the toilet without needing to worry about the septic and sewer systems.
- These wipes are safe for everyone, especially those with sensitive skin.
- It comes with a fresh scent and touches your skin softly.
- These are made without any alcohol, artificial dyes, harmful chemicals, and fragrances.
- Family approved.
- Gentle on skin.
- Made from sustainable resources and biodegradable.
- Soft yet cleanse the skin efficiently.
- Moisturizes skin.
- Fragrance-free, alcohol-free, and dye-free.
- Tear too easily.
2. Cottonelle GentlePlus Flushable Wipes
Cottonelle GentlePlus flushable wipes are tested based on trade association guidelines to ensure the safety of sewer, septic, pumps, and drain lines.
- Cottonelle GentlePlus flushable wipes are 100% flushable and break down immediately after flushing.
- The CleaningRipples feature provides softness while removing dirt and bacteria away.
- These wipes break down 6x faster compared to Dude Wipes based on strength loss testing.
- This brand is septic-safe and sewer-safe with SafeFlush Technology.
- It is made of fibers and other sustainable materials.
- Made with 95% pure water.
- Enriched with Aloe and vitamin E.
- Chlorine-free and paraben-free.
- SafeFlush Technology.
- Fiber-based and plastic-free.
- Soft, gentle, and superior cleaning.
- Relatively dry.
- Breaks easily.
3. Stall Mates Flushable Wipes
The next best flushable wipes for a septic system is Stall Mates flushable wipes, which are made from Hydraspun dispersible, a biodegradable substrate.
- Each wipe has a measure of 8″x6″ when stretched out and more prominent than other brands.
- These wipes contain vitamin E, cucumber, chamomile, and Aloe, which prevent infections and allergens.
- It is perfect for everyone, especially those with sensitive skin.
- These wipes are totally flushable – sewer-safe & septic-safe.
- Paraben-free, alcohol-free, and fragrance-free.
- Made with natural ingredients.
- Discrete packaging.
- Comes with larger dimension.
- Glides smoothly.
- Not scent-free.
- The burning sensation can be felt for people who have the most sensitive skin.
- More expensive than other brands.
4. Kandoo Flushable Cleansing Wipes
Kandoo flushable wipes are totally flush-friendly and clean up to 30% better than toilet papers alone.
- Kandoo flushable wipes are moistened with lotion, making your skin feels soft and gentle.
- It is safe for everyone, even for people with the most delicate skin.
- These wipes are great and work well for potty-training.
- Kandoo flushable wipes are 100% biodegradable, so they’re safe for your septic and sewer systems.
- Kandoo flushable wipes are designed exclusively to help children to be independent.
- Contains vitamin E and fruit extracts.
- Softens and moisturizes the skin.
- Biodegradable – sewer-safe & septic-safe.
- Comes with soft re-sealable package.
- No harsh chemicals.
- Paraben-free and sulfate-free.
- Claims that they’re alcohol-free, but benzyl alcohol is on the list of ingredients used.
- Smaller dimension.
- A bit flimsy.
5. Charmin Freshmates Flushable Wet Wipes
Charmin Freshmates flushable wipes are favorite among residential plumber because of its flushability.
- Charmin Freshmates flushable wipes are made to work with all septic and sewer systems.
- These wipes are fragrance-free that works even with the most sensitive skin.
- It does not come with Aloe, which can cause mild irritation for some people.
- Each wipe is soft and moist, leaving you a fresh and clean feeling.
- These wipes are great to pair with Charmin toilet paper for an extra clean finish.
- Re-sealable top which is very convenient.
- Soft and tender on skin.
- Thinner and smaller than other flushable wipes.
- Most expensive flushable wipes brand in the market.
6. Cottonelle FreshCare Flushable Wipes
Cottonelle FreshCare flushable wipes are designed with SafeFlush Technology for safe flushing and correctly maintained a septic system.
- Cottonelle FreshCare flushable wipes are 100% flushable and break down easily right after you flushed the toilet.
- These wipes are safe for your sewer and septic systems because of its SafeFlush Technology.
- Each wipe is totally made from biodegradable fibers.
- It comes with a fresh scent that you will love.
- It is infused with the gentle power cleansing of water.
- Quick disintegrate.
- The soft & subtle wavy texture.
- SafeFlush Technology.
- Quick-dry performance.
- Drier and thinner than before.
- Dry and break easily.
7. Babyganics Flushable Baby Wipes
Aside from being perfectly fine for babies and adults, Babyganics flushable wipes meet the latest International & Domestic guidelines for flushability.
- Babyganics flushable baby wipes are made with plant-based ingredients that are perfect for every baby, even with the most delicate skin.
- These are made without parabens, sulfates, artificial dyes, fragrances, and phthalates.
- These wipes are gentle but strong enough to clean faces, hands, and even bottoms.
- Babyganics flushable wipes comply with all flushability regulations, so they’re sewer-safe and septic-safe.
- Babyganics flushable wipes are not only perfect and safe for babies but also for adults.
- Paraben-free, sulfate-free, and phthalates-free.
- Soothes and hydrates the skin well.
- Softer texture compared to other flushable wipes.
- Extra gentle.
- Made with sustainable materials.
- Pediatrician & Dermatologists tested.
- Difficult to pull out from the container.
8. Member’s Mark Flushable Wipes
Member’s Mark flushable wipes meet the INDA flushable product guidelines to guarantee the safety of the septic and sewer systems.
- This Member’s Mark flushable wipes are convenient for everyone – just use it, flush it, and forget about it.
- Each wipe is uniquely textured and cleans the skin thoroughly, leaving no dirt.
- This brand meets INDA standards, which makes it safe for every septic system.
- It comes with a mild and pleasant fragrance which you will love while using it.
- These flushable wipes come in re-sealable packaging for convenient use.
- Gently refreshes and cleanses the skin.
- Pleasant scent.
- Uniquely textured.
- Re-sealable packaging.
- Meets INDA standards for safe flushing.
- Larger dimension than other flushable wipes.
- Contains some chemicals that cannot be found in other brands.
- Some reported that there are packages that were opened already.
9. Kirkland Signature Moist Flushable Wipes
Kirkland Signature Moist flushable wipes are made with 100% plant-based materials, made with EcoFlush Technology, and are safe for well-maintained sewer and septic systems.
- These wipes are thick, gentle, and ultra-soft on skin.
- Kirkland Signature flushable wipes are hypoallergenic which are great even with the most delicate skin.
- It is made with EcoFlush Technology from 100% sustainable materials.
- These Kirkland Signature flushable wipes are tested and proven to be safe for sewer and septic.
- Kirkland Signature flushable wipes are made with Aloe and vitamin E to keep your skin moisturized.
- Made from plant-based resources.
- EcoFlush Technology.
- Soft, thick, and gentle on skin.
- Cleans better than dry toilet paper.
- Contains Aloe and vitamin E to moisture skin.
- Free of chemical binders.
- Strong perfume scent.
- Not as moist as other flushable wipes.
- Irritates skin of some people.
10. BioFlush Flushable Wipes
BioFlush flushable wipes are a product of USA, 100% biodegradable, and 3x more dispersible compared to other brands.
- BioFlush flushable wipes are 100% biodegradable which will work well for your septic and sewer systems.
- Each packaging includes soft yet strong power cleansing wipes.
- Each wipe is scientifically engineered through a process of patented Hydrosoft.
- These wipes are hypoallergenic, which works well for people with the most delicate skin.
- It is made without any irritating chemicals for continuous use.
- Contains Aloe.
- Discrete and compact packaging.
- Soft yet strong wipes.
- Sulfate-free, paraben-free, phthalates-free, soap-free, and dye-free.
- Alcohol-free and fragrance-free.
- Comes only in travel size.
There are many brands of flushable wipes you can find online or in the market – but, if you want to choose the best flushable wipes for your septic system, don’t forget to look for SafeFlush Technology symbol. Hopefully, this article helped you to pick the best flushable wipes for a septic system.
- “What are INDA Standards?”. Accessed June 14, 2019. Link.
- “What Makes Safeflush Technology® Different?”. Accessed June 14, 2019. Link.