Is Cornstarch Good For Diaper Rash? Just like with coconut oil and olive oil, cornstarch is also a natural home remedy to treat diaper rash.
Table of Contents
However, make sure that keep it away to your baby’s face so that he or she will not inhale it and cause harm to his or her lungs. Cornstarch works well when treating diaper rash; it minimizes the rash and protects the skin from friction.
What is cornstarch?
How to use Cornstarch for Diaper rash?
Here’s how you use Cornstarch for diaper rash:
- First, put your baby in a bathtub with lukewarm water.
- Add 1 cup of cornstarch to the water and let your child soak in it for about 8 to 10 mins. Then pat dry the baby.
- Then, before you put the new diaper on, sprinkle a few drops of cornstarch onto the skin around diaper rash area.
- You will see the magic of diaper rash disappearing within a day!
This method of cornstarch application on diaper rash is the age-old technique that all grandmothers can vouch for, and it simply works!
Why is it good for diaper rash?
Cornstarch is suitable for a diaper rash because it is natural and does not contain any chemicals that might harm the skin of your baby. Most doctors recommend using cornstarch-based powders than talcum powders because it might get into your baby’s lungs.
What to look for in buying cornstarch?
Cornstarch does not have an expiration date because you can keep it indefinitely. When buying cornstarch, make sure to buy from a trusted brand so that you will have a peace of mind that it is clean.Check Price at Amazon
How long does cornstarch need to be used?
Cornstarch can be used after your baby took a bath. Make sure to dry the area and put only a light dusting of it to prevent diaper rash.
Are there any side-effects of using cornstarch?
There are no side effects of using cornstarch but for complete safety when it comes to the health of your baby, make sure that he or she will not inhale it so it will not affect his or her lungs.
Other Diaper Rash Treatment Options
- “Talcum Powder and Cancer”. Accessed August 23, 2019. Link.